City
Epaper

Michael Douglas shares on why he has "no real intentions" to act again

By ANI | Updated: July 7, 2025 10:19 IST

Washington DC [US], July 7 : Actor Michael Douglas, who is known for his roles in 'Romancing the Stone', ...

Open in App

Washington DC [US], July 7 : Actor Michael Douglas, who is known for his roles in 'Romancing the Stone', 'The Jewel of the Nile', 'Fatal Attraction', 'Falling Down', and others, is not willing to act again, according to the New York Post.

"I have not worked since 2022 purposefully because I realised I had to stop," said the Oscar winner at the Karlovy Vary Film Festival in the Czech Republic.

He added,"I had been working pretty hard for almost 60 years, and I did not want to be one of those people who dropped dead on the set."

"I have no real intentions of going back," Douglas continued. "I say I'm not retired because if something special came up, I'd go back, but otherwise, no," he shared, as reported by the New York Post.

Douglas was last seen as Benjamin Franklin in the 2024 Apple TV+ miniseries 'Franklin'.

He also opened up on how his throat cancer diagnosis affected his career. "Stage 4 cancer is not a holiday, but there aren't many choices, are there?," he said, adding, "I went with the program, involving chemo and radiation, and was fortunate. The surgery would have meant not being able to talk and removing part of my jaw, and that would have been limiting as an actor."

In May, Douglas shared that he doesn't miss being in front of the camera.

"I'm enjoying my hiatus and enjoying my life," he shared. "It was overwhelming running the production company and acting at the same time," reported the New York Post.

"If something good comes up that I really like. But I don't feel a burning desire," Douglas added of returning to acting. "I'm still producing. I still love bringing people together."

He also shut down the possibility of doing another Marvel movie after starring as Hank Pym in the "Ant-Man" trilogy and 'Avengers: Endgame'.

"I don't think so. I had the experience, and I was excited to do it," said Douglas, adding, "I'd never done a green screen picture before."

Zeta-Jones, whom Douglas has been married to since 2000, confirmed last year she was stepping away from mainstream Hollywood and instead focusing on indie projects, according to the New York Post.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

NationalCBI court sentences former oriental insurance manager to 3-year jail in bribery case

NationalCong MLA Rahul Mamkootathil submits sealed evidence in sexual harassment case; anticipatory bail hearing on Dec 3

CricketKieron Pollard to lead MI Emirates in upcoming ILT20 season

NationalPM Museum and Library creates IT platform for scholars to access digital archives

InternationalPoJK drowns in filth as Pakistani authorities look away

Entertainment Realted Stories

EntertainmentRakul Preet Singh, Jackky Bhagnani unwind at their luxurious vacation in Maldives

EntertainmentSelena Gomez, Benny Blanco celebrate their first Thanksgiving post marriage

EntertainmentSean Combs organises Thanksgiving meals for inmates at Fort Dix prison

Entertainment"This is what real teammates do": Suniel Shetty applauds Jemimah Rodrigues for stepping back from WBBL amid Smriti Mandhana's wedding postponement

EntertainmentRajinikanth poses with paparazzi on IFFI 2025 red carpet, wins hearts