City
Epaper

Coutinho sidelined for 'approximately three months' after knee surgery

By ANI | Updated: January 3, 2021 10:50 IST

Barcelona on Saturday said Philippe Coutinho is set to be out of action for "approximately three months" after undergoing successful knee surgery.

Open in App

Barcelona on Saturday said Philippe Coutinho is set to be out of action for "approximately three months" after undergoing successful knee surgery.

"Philippe Coutinho has undergone a successful operation on the external meniscus of his left knee this Saturday morning of January 2, but the verdict is that he will be out of action for approximately three months," the club said in a statement.

Coutinho sustained an injury during the club's La Liga clash against Eibar on Tuesday. Barcelona was held to a 1-1 draw by Eibar in the match.

Coutinho had been having an excellent season, appearing in 14 games, scoring three goals and delivering two assists.

Barcelona are currently placed in sixth place on the La Liga points table with 25 points, 11 points behind the table-toppers Real Madrid. The club will now take on Huesca on Monday.

( With inputs from ANI )

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalPM Modi presents 5-point roadmap to deepen India-Japan bilateral cooperation

EntertainmentVarun Dhawan, Janhvi Kapoor starrer 'Sunny Sanskari Ki Tulsi Kumari' teaser out

BusinessTechDogs Unveils 'Lead the Pack Awards 2025' to Recognize Visionary Business Leaders and Innovators

BusinessPM Modi presents 5-point roadmap to deepen India-Japan bilateral cooperation

MaharashtraJalna Accident: 4 Killed as Speeding Car Plunges Into Well on Rajur-Tembhurni Road in Maharashtra

Football Realted Stories

FootballISL 2025-26 season likely to kick off in December as AIFF, FSDL submit proposal to SC

FootballIbrahimovic, Chelsea receive honours ahead of UEFA Champions League draw in Monaco

FootballSubroto Cup: Assam's Betkuchi High School secures junior girls' category title

FootballMansukh Mandaviya felicitates young footballers after historic European treble; calls it new beginning for football in India

Football"We must think fresh, positive": Indian coach Jamil ahead of Tajikistan clash in CAFA Nations Cup