City
Epaper

Probe ordered into wedding at Goa five star resort

By IANS | Updated: June 25, 2021 13:55 IST

Panaji, June 25 A Goa resort will be investigated for hosting 300 guests breaking Covid norms in place, ...

Open in App

Panaji, June 25 A Goa resort will be investigated for hosting 300 guests breaking Covid norms in place, an official said.

The North Goa district administration on Friday sought "detailed report" into a wedding at a five star resort in Anjuna beach village of on June 24, where nearly 300 guests were reportedly in attendance, although the Pramod Sawant government's has put a cap of 50 persons for weddings.

"I have asked for a detailed report on the incident from the mamlatdar (revenue official)... An enquiry will be conduct, law will take its course," Deputy Collector (North Goa) Kapil Phadte told reporters here.

Phadte also said that the hotel had no permission from the state government to host a wedding event for June 24.

"They had been given permission for (an event on) June 26 for 50 people. You cannot violate Covid norms on a whim. You cannot take permission for the 26th and host a party on the 24th," Phadte said.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: Kapil phadte
Open in App

Health Realted Stories

HealthAyush Ministry aims to enhance state capacity, foster collaboration

HealthKerala‘s Malappuram panchayats step up preventive measures against rat fever

HealthScientists uncover key protein in cellular fat storage: Study

HealthWhere To Buy Fluconazole Over The Counter | Discover #1 Online Vendor In 2025

HealthSurgery more effective in treating chronic sinus than antibiotics: Study