City
Epaper

COVID-19: Trump to be hospitalised for next 'few days' on doctors' advise

By ANI | Updated: October 3, 2020 05:00 IST

US President Donald Trump on Friday (local time) confirmed that he will be staying at Walter Reed hospital for "next few days" following the "recommendation of his physician and medical experts".

Open in App

US President Donald Trump on Friday (local time) confirmed that he will be staying at Walter Reed hospital for "next few days" following the "recommendation of his physician and medical experts".

The President and First Lady had tested positive for the novel coronavirus on Thursday night.

"I want to thank everybody for the tremendous support. I'm going to Walter Reed hospital. I think I am doing very well but we are going to make sure that things work out. The first lady is doing very well," said Trump, in a video message posted on his Twitter handle.

Prior to his post, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany had said that "out of an abundance of caution", Trump would be working from the presidential offices for next "few days" at the hospital.

"President Trump remains in good spirits, has mild symptoms, and has been working throughout the day. Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of his physician and medical experts, the President will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days," McEnany said in the statement on Friday.

Earlier on Friday, Trump was reported to be "fatigued" after contracting the infection.

White House physician Sean Conley in an official note had said: "As of this (Friday) afternoon the President remains fatigued but in good spirits. He's being evaluated by a team of experts, and together we'll be making recommendations to the President and First Lady in regards to next best steps."

As per Conley, Trump was given an 8-gram dose of Regeneron's polyclonal antibody cocktail as a precautionary measure.

He further said that the First Lady had a mild cough and headache and the rest of the family was doing well and had tested negative for the virus.

Earlier on Friday, Trump's campaign manager Bill Stepien had informed that all previously scheduled campaign events of the President will temporarily be postponed or moved to a virtual format.

( With inputs from ANI )

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: White House PressDonald TrumpWhite HouseWalter reedDonald trumps twitter
Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalWashington DC Shooting: US National Guard Member Sarah Beckstrom, Shot by Afghan Suspect, Dies, Says Donald Trump

InternationalWhite House Shooting: Suspect Rahmanullah Lakanwal Worked With Amazon and US Military, Say Reports

InternationalTrump’s Dinner: From Cristiano Ronaldo to Elon Musk; Here's Who Joined Saudi Crown Prince at White House

InternationalDonald Trump To Host Cristiano Ronaldo at White House on November 18

InternationalZohran Mamdani Wins New York City’s Mayoral Election; Defeating Trump’s Candidate

International Realted Stories

InternationalCalifornia Mass Shooting: 4 Dead, 10 Injured in Firing at Birthday Party in Stockton

InternationalSouth Korea's economy still at crossroads year after failed martial law attempt

InternationalTarique Rahman's return to Bangladesh uncertain despite critical condition of his mother, Begum Khaleda Zia

InternationalIndia responds with Op Sagar Bandhu bringing assistance to cyclone-hit Sri Lanka; highlights neighbourhood first policy, MAHASAGAR vision

InternationalEx-B'desh PM Khaleda Zia critical, BNP signals plans for possible transfer abroad