City
Epaper

Dozens, including several Indian workers, dead in Kuwait building fire

By IANS | Updated: June 12, 2024 15:35 IST

New Delhi, June 12 External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on Wednesday expressed deep shock over the tragic fire ...

Open in App

New Delhi, June 12 External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on Wednesday expressed deep shock over the tragic fire incident in Kuwait city which has resulted in dozens of deaths, including of many Indian nationals.

"Deeply shocked by the news of the fire incident in Kuwait city. There are reportedly over 40 deaths and over 50 have been hospitalised. Our Ambassador has gone to the camp. We are awaiting further information," Jaishankar posted on X.

"Deepest condolences to the families of those who tragically lost their lives. Wish early and full recovery to those who have been injured. Our Embassy will render the fullest assistance to all concerned in this regard," he added.

The Indian Embassy in Kuwait has also put out an emergency helpline number in connection with the tragedy, confirming that it involved Indian workers.

"All concerned are requested to connect over this helpline for updates. The Embassy remains committed to render all possible assistance," it said.

Meanwhile, Kuwait's Ministry of Health also released a statement Wednesday afternoon.

"The Ministry of Health has so far dealt with 43 cases through the accident departments in a number of hospitals, in a building fire incident in Mangaf, of which 4 cases arrived dead," it said.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalUS lawmaker urges rolling restrictions on AI chip exports to curb China's military edge

CricketTri-nation series: With Asia Cup in sight, Afghanistan crumble to 39-run defeat against Pakistan

InternationalIndia, Japan set roadmap for the next decade, adopt joint declaration on security cooperation

CricketPakistan Beat Afghanistan by 39 Runs in UAE Tri-Series 2025; Haris Rauf Takes Four Wickets

International‘Opportunity to mitigate US tariffs impact’, say businessmen ahead of PM Modi-Jinping meet

International Realted Stories

InternationalNetanyahu pledges continuation of campaign to return Gaza hostages after two bodies recovered

InternationalIsrael recovers two hostage bodies

InternationalDefence Minister Says Israel 'will not rest or be silent until everyone returns home'

InternationalIsraeli forces capture suspected terrorists in Southern Syria

InternationalUN Security Council to hold emergency meeting after deadly Russian strikes in Kyiv