City
Epaper

Five teenagers charged for 'stabbing' convenience store worker in Sydney

By IANS | Updated: November 21, 2025 13:30 IST

Sydney, Nov 21 Five teenagers have been charged for allegedly stabbing a worker at a western Sydney convenience ...

Open in App

Sydney, Nov 21 Five teenagers have been charged for allegedly stabbing a worker at a western Sydney convenience store, police in the Australian state of New South Wales (NSW) said early Friday.

The 28-year-old male worker was allegedly stabbed around 2.20 a.m. local time on Thursday when he tried to stop a group of teenagers who allegedly attempted to steal items from the store in Burwood, 10 km west of central Sydney.

The worker was treated at the scene by ambulance paramedics before being taken to the hospital. He remained in hospital in a critical but stable condition as of Friday, according to the police, Xinhua News Agency reported.

NSW Police said that all five teenagers have been arrested.

All five were refused bail and expected to make an initial appearance before a children's court on Friday.

On Tuesday, police in the Australian state of Queensland fatally shot a man after he stabbed another man and threatened a woman.

The Queensland Police Service (QPS) said in a statement that officers responded to reports that a man had been stabbed in the neck by another man on a street in the town of Caboolture, 40 kilometres north of Brisbane, around 3.42 a.m. on Tuesday.

The armed offender fled the scene on foot, the QPS said, and was found a short time later threatening a female member of the public.

An officer shot the man, who died at the scene.

The man who was stabbed was transported to the hospital in a serious condition, and the woman was not physically injured.

The QPS said that the matter is under investigation.

Earlier in November, a teenage boy was hospitalised in a critical condition after a stabbing in eastern Australia.

A statement released by the police service in the Australian state of Queensland said that emergency services were called to reports of a stabbing at a property in the suburb of Molendinar, 65 kilometres southeast of Brisbane in the state's Gold Coast region.

A 17-year-old boy was found at the scene with serious injuries and transported to the hospital in a critical condition.

The Queensland Police Service said that two attackers reportedly fled the scene in a vehicle before the arrival of officers.

A crime scene was established, and investigations into locating the two offenders were ongoing.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalAfter seven failed attempts, US Senate passes resolution to limit President Trump's war powers in Iran

NationalJ-K: Excessive heat in May affects hybrid flowers in Udhampur's Jakhani Park

NationalSuvendu Adhikari PA murder case: CBI arrests fifth accused in UP's Varanasi

CricketI know I can hit three boundaries or sixes anytime: Vaibhav Sooryavanshi

EntertainmentDragon glimpse out: Jr NTR goes on a killing spree in land of villains of Prashanth Neel's directorial

International Realted Stories

International42 US aircraft lost or damaged during Operation Epic Fury against Iran, says Congressional report

InternationalPM Modi shares heartfelt moments with Indian diaspora upon arrival in Rome, witnesses cultural, classical performances

InternationalIranians realise Nuclear weapons a "red line" for US; we are negotiating in good faith: VP JD Vance

InternationalNordic nations condemn Pahalgam, Red Fort terror attacks at Oslo Summit; vow stronger anti-terror cooperation in joint statement with India

InternationalIndia, Nordic nations stress on WTO's central role, maritime security cooperation at Oslo Summit