City
Epaper

Jaishankar exchanges views on developments in Afghanistan with Saudi counterpart

By ANI | Updated: September 19, 2021 16:55 IST

External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Sunday met Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud here and exchanged views on the developments in Afghanistan and other regional issues.

Open in App

External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Sunday met Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud here and exchanged views on the developments in Afghanistan and other regional issues.

According to the Ministry of External Affairs statement, Jaishankar met Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud at Hyderabad House in New Delhi.

"Both Ministers exchanged views on the developments in Afghanistan and other regional issues. They also discussed bilateral cooperation in multilateral forums such as the UN, G-20 and GCC. EAM congratulated Saudi Arabia on its successful Presidency of G-20 last year despite the Covid-19 pandemic," read the statement.

This is the first ministerial visit from Saudi Arabia to India since the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic. Prince Faisal bin Farhan is on a three-day visit to New Delhi.

Both ministers discussed all issues related to their bilateral relationship and regional and international issues of mutual interest.

"The two Ministers reviewed the implementation of the Strategic Partnership Council Agreement signed between the two sides during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Saudi Arabia in October 2019. They expressed satisfaction at the meetings held under the Agreement and progress achieved. Both sides discussed further steps to strengthen their partnership in trade, investment, energy, defence, security, culture, consular issues, health care and human resources," the statement said.

The statement further said that EAM appreciated Saudi Arabia for the support provided to the Indian community during the Covid-19 pandemic and urged Saudi Arabia to further relax restrictions on travel from India.

( With inputs from ANI )

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: Faisal bin Farhan Al-SaudunNew DelhiHyderabadMinistry Of External AffairsPrince Faisal Bin FarhanNagarMinistry for external affairsThe new delhi municipal councilMinistry of external affairs of indiaDelhi south-west
Open in App

Related Stories

NationalEmpty Train Coach Catches Fire at Hyderabad's Nampally Station, No Casualties Reported (Watch video)

EntertainmentNTR to Celebrate His Birthday in Hyderabad After Several Years, Source Reveals

CricketIPL 2026: Sunrisers Hyderabad Beat Delhi Capitals by 47 Runs; Abhishek Sharma, Eshan Malinga Shine

CricketIPL 2026, SRH vs DC: Toss Result, Playing 11s, Impact Players and Pitch Report for Today’s Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Delhi Capitals Match

CricketIPL 2026, SRH vs DC LIVE Cricket Streaming: When and Where To Watch Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Delhi Capitals Match

International Realted Stories

InternationalTrump says Iran ‘wants to make deal so badly’

International"Impact on India less due to good management, foresight": Harsh Vardhan Shringla on global energy challenges due to West Asia crisis

InternationalAfrica terror threat alarms US lawmakers

International"Someone from within": Report reveals alleged US-Israeli plan to install hardliner former Iranian President after Khamenei strike

InternationalUS pledges major Ebola aid surge, slams WHO over delayed alert in Africa outbreak