City
Epaper

Late-night raid in Balochistan leads to alleged detention of two women

By ANI | Updated: December 21, 2025 13:15 IST

Hub Chowki [Balochistan], December 21 : Two women from the same family were allegedly detained and taken to an ...

Open in App

Hub Chowki [Balochistan], December 21 : Two women from the same family were allegedly detained and taken to an undisclosed location during a late-night raid in Balochistan's Hub Chowki, The Balochistan Post reported.

According to the report, the family members said personnel from the Frontier Corps (FC), the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD), and intelligence agencies raided a residence around 3 am on Saturday in the Ganjhi Ghot Daroo Hotel area.

The women were identified as 17-year-old Hairnisa Wahid and her 27-year-old relative, Hani. Relatives told The Balochistan Post that they have received no information regarding where the women were taken, leaving the family in severe distress.

As noted by The Balochistan Post, the incident comes amid increasing concern over multiple reported cases of enforced disappearances of Baloch women in recent months.

The outlet reported that on 18 December, CTD personnel allegedly conducted another raid in the Daroo Hotel area of Zehri Ghot, Hub Chowki, detaining a woman named Hazra along with her two-year-old son, Brahmdag. Their whereabouts, the Balochistan Post said, remain unknown.

Earlier this month, on December 1, The Balochistan Post reported that a woman identified as Farzana Zehri was allegedly forcibly disappeared by security personnel while returning from a hospital in Khuzdar.

In a separate case cited by The Balochistan Post, another woman, Raheema, was detained along with her brother in Dalbandin and has not been seen since.

The Balochistan Post further reported that on 22 November, a 15-year-old girl, Nasreen (also known as Nasreena) Baloch, was allegedly taken by FC personnel and unidentified armed men during a night raid in the same Hub Chowki area.

Her family told The Balochistan Post that approximately 15 armed individuals entered their home, damaged household belongings, confined relatives to a room, and took the girl away.

She has not been presented before any legal authority.

Balochistan has been a hotspot for enforced disappearances for decades, reflecting a deep-rooted human rights crisis in the region. Many individuals, including activists, journalists, and ordinary citizens, have reportedly been taken into custody by security forces or intelligence agencies and never returned.

Families often have no information about the fate or location of their loved ones, creating fear, uncertainty, and trauma in local communities.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

BusinessParas Health's 'Umeed Ke Sitare' Highlights the Growing Need for Holistic Cancer Care in India

NationalDelhi: Man dies after being set ablaze in Jahangirpuri; wife and mother-in-law detained

NationalPatna Police nab four in encounter, mastermind shot in leg

NationalMan dies after allegedly setting himself on fire in Delhi's Janakpuri; Police detain wife, mother-in-law for questioning

Other SportsIPL 2026: In T20 format for us this year, that was probably his best innings, says Franklin on Kishan’s 70 vs CSK

International Realted Stories

International23-year-old councillor becomes youngest Indian-origin Mayor in UK

InternationalUAE again condemns Iran's "unlawful" attack in Gulf region and disruption on Strait of Hormuz passage

InternationalFake notes from the sky: ISI’s latest drone plot alarms Indian agencies

International"The hypocrisy is obvious": Iran criticises Germany over accusation of strikes on UAE

InternationalContradictory and excessive behaviours of US major obstacle: Iran FM Araghchi tells Pakistan Interior Minister