City
Epaper

Taiwan detects three sorties of Chinese aircraft, seven naval vessels around nation

By ANI | Updated: December 28, 2025 07:05 IST

Taipei [Taiwan], December 28 : Taiwan's Ministry of National Defence detected three sorties of Chinese aircraft, seven naval vessels ...

Open in App

Taipei [Taiwan], December 28 : Taiwan's Ministry of National Defence detected three sorties of Chinese aircraft, seven naval vessels around the country as of 6 am (local time) on Sunday.

"3 sorties of PLA aircraft and 7 PLAN vessels operating around Taiwan were detected up until 6 a.m. (UTC+8) today. 3 out of 3 sorties crossed the median line and entered Taiwan's southwestern ADIZ. We have monitored the situation and responded, " the MND said in an X post.

https://x.com/MoNDefense/status/2005081265205379112

Earlier on Saturday, MND had said that 13 sorties of Chinese PLA aircraft and seven PLAN naval vessels were spotted operating around Taiwan until 6 am (local time).

The ministry said 12 of the 13 aircraft crossed the median line of the Taiwan Strait and entered Taiwan's northern and southwestern Air Defence Identification Zones (ADIZ).

China regularly carries out military drills and patrols around Taiwan, which it claims as its own territory. Taiwan, which is governed separately, has repeatedly accused Beijing of using military pressure to intimidate the island.

Meanwhile, the Mainland Affairs Council (MAC) accused China of engaging in "transnational suppression and political manipulation" after a Chinese public security agency claimed that Taiwanese nationals were responsible for a smuggling scheme involving a vessel crewed by Chinese that was damaged undersea cables earlier this year, according to the report from Taipei Times.

In June, a Taiwanese court sentenced the Chinese captain of the Togo-registered ship Hong Tai 58 to three years in prison after determining he was guilty of deliberately damaging subsea cables off Taiwan in February, which raised concerns among officials.

The public security bureau in Weihai, located in China's Shandong Province, stated that its investigation into the incident revealed that two Taiwanese individuals orchestrated a multi-vessel operation that was unlawfully transporting frozen goods into China. These findings from Chinese authorities followed interviews with seven crew members from the Hong Tai 58, as reported by Taipei Times.

The MAC has dismissed the Chinese findings in a statement.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

AurangabadSambhajinagar-Aurangabad Row Revived for Social Media Reels

CricketIPL 2026: Sanju Samson Produces MS Dhoni-Like Stumping to Dismiss Heinrich Klaasen in CSK vs SRH Clash (VIDEO)

Other SportsRajasthan begins talent identification drive for 2028 Olympic Games

NationalRajasthan begins talent identification drive for 2028 Olympic Games

International'Countries backing rules-based order must move closer': Norwegian PM flags "weaponisation" of trade

International Realted Stories

InternationalSierra Leone enhances border surveillance after Ebola outbreak in DR Congo, Uganda

InternationalIndia, Norway seal 12 agreements to deepen green strategic partnership during PM Modi's visit

InternationalUS turns down fresh Iranian peace proposal and warns of potential hostilities resumption, reports Axios

InternationalIndia, Italy to focus on boosting trade, defence, mobility, maritime security: Indian Ambassador Rao on PM Modi's visit

InternationalOperation Sindoor reflects India’s growing strength: Rajnath Singh in Hanoi