City
Epaper

Taiwan detects two sorties of Chinese aircraft, nine naval vessels around its territory

By ANI | Updated: December 29, 2025 06:45 IST

Taipei [Taiwan], December 29 : Taiwan's Ministry of National Defence (MND) detected two sorties of Chinese aircraft and nine ...

Open in App

Taipei [Taiwan], December 29 : Taiwan's Ministry of National Defence (MND) detected two sorties of Chinese aircraft and nine naval vessels operating around the country as of 6 am (local time) on Monday.

"2 sorties of PLA aircraft, 9 PLAN vessels and 2 official ships operating around Taiwan were detected up until 6 a.m. (UTC+8) today. The ROC Armed Forces have monitored the situation and responded," the MND said in a post on X.

{{{{twitter_post_id####}}}}

Earlier on Sunday, the MND had detected three sorties of Chinese aircraft and seven naval vessels operating around Taiwan's territory.

"3 sorties of PLA aircraft and 7 PLAN vessels operating around Taiwan were detected up until 6 a.m. (UTC+8) today. Three out of three sorties crossed the median line and entered Taiwan's southwestern ADIZ. We have monitored the situation and responded," the MND wrote in a post on X.

China regularly carries out military drills and patrols around Taiwan, which it claims as its own territory. Taiwan, which is governed separately, has repeatedly accused Beijing of using military pressure to intimidate the island.

Meanwhile, the Mainland Affairs Council (MAC) accused China of engaging in "transnational suppression and political manipulation" after a Chinese public security agency claimed that Taiwanese nationals were responsible for a smuggling scheme involving a vessel crewed by Chinese that was damaged undersea cables earlier this year, according to the report from Taipei Times.

In June, a Taiwanese court sentenced the Chinese captain of the Togo-registered ship Hong Tai 58 to three years in prison after determining he was guilty of deliberately damaging subsea cables off Taiwan in February, which raised concerns among officials.

The public security bureau in Weihai, located in China's Shandong Province, stated that its investigation into the incident revealed that two Taiwanese individuals orchestrated a multi-vessel operation that was unlawfully transporting frozen goods into China. These findings from Chinese authorities followed interviews with seven crew members from the Hong Tai 58, as reported by Taipei Times.

The MAC has dismissed the Chinese findings in a statement.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalIran warns US, Israel against repeated aggression, says 'will open new fronts with new tools, methods'

BusinessOne Year of Bellance: From Vision to Three Operational Outlets, with London Debut Headlining a 12-Salon Roadmap for 2026

BusinessBPTP Hosts MediaTek at Capital City, leases 1.04 Lakh Sq. Ft. Space for Rs.144 Crore Total Rent 10 years, Signalling Demand for High-Quality Workspace

BusinessWav.Tech Launches WAV Mobile to Help Consumers and Dealers Address Rising Counterfeit Watch Risks

BusinessPiyush Goyal, Rammohan Naidu discuss key areas of collaboration to boost trade-linked connectivity

International Realted Stories

InternationalDefence Minister Rajnath Singh arrives in South Korea on second leg of two-nation visit

InternationalPM Modi, Finnish counterpart hold talks on doubling trade by 2030, digital ties; announce joint hosting of World Circular Economy Forum in Sept

InternationalPM Modi, Iceland counterpart Frostadottir discuss strengthening cooperation in clean energy, fisheries

InternationalIndia and Finland to work together in futuristic sectors, deepen linkages in climate change: PM Modi

InternationalPM Modi expected to visit New Zealand in July, Kiwi media reports