City
Epaper

ABVP leader seeks action against Hyd varsity students for screening BBC documentary on PM

By ANI | Updated: January 24, 2023 19:55 IST

A Ph.D. scholar and former national convenor of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) has condemned the screening of a ...

Open in App

A Ph.D. scholar and former national convenor of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) has condemned the screening of a BBC documentary on Prime Minister Narendra Modi inside the Hyderabad Central University (HCU) campus.

Mahesh Naamani said, "Such acts by the university students in the name of university fraternity group are condemned and strict action should be taken against them."

He said that the students organised the screening of the banned documentary without permission inside the varsity campus.

Naamani said, "We have escalated the matter with the university authorities and demanded action on the organisers. The group of students organised screening without permission inside the campus premises."

"The BBC documentary is only trying to instil the divide and rule politics, something the Britishers have done for years. Britishers will teach us what human rights are after years of atrocities that they have caused us," said Mahesh Naamani.

A students group at HCU organised the screening on inside the campus late Monday.

A fraternity group of the Student Islamic Organisation (SIO) and Muslim Student Federation organised the screening attended by over 50 students.

Earlier last week, India denounced the controversial BBC documentary series on Prime Minister Modi, describing it as a 'propaganda piece' designed to push a discredited narrative.

"We think this is a propaganda piece designed to push a particular discredited narrative. The bias, lack of objectivity, and frankly continuing colonial mindset are blatantly visible," External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said during a weekly media briefing.

The MEA spokesperson added that the documentary is a reflection of individuals that are peddling this narrative again.

In a strong response to the BBC documentary, more than 300 eminent Indians, including retired judges, bureaucrats, and armed forces veterans signed a statement slamming the British national broadcaster for showing "unrelenting prejudice" towards India and its leader.

( With inputs from ANI )

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: Mahesh naamanibbcAkhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi ParishadNarendra ModiAustralia broadcasting corporationBbc radioBroadcasting corporationAkhil bhartiya vidyarthi parishadOrganisation secretary and member of parliament r.Facebook ireland headquartersBritish broadcasting company
Open in App

Related Stories

EntertainmentVipul Amrutlal Shah Says PM Modi’s Message on the Current Scenario in the Country Echoes His Upcoming Film

PoliticsOppn Calls PM Modi’s ‘Seven’ Appeals “Economic Failure Repackaged As Moral Advice”; BJP Defends It As “Right Call” Amid West Asia Crisis

NationalCentre Hikes Fair Price of Sugarcane to Rs 365 a Quintal To Boost Farmers’ Incomes

NationalBengal Assembly Polls: BJP Set To Form Government With Two-Thirds Majority

PoliticsWest Bengal Election Results 2026: BJP Secures Clear Majority With 192 Seats; TMC Relegated to 68

National Realted Stories

NationalUnder HM Amit Shah, Naxal-affected regions now moving towards development: BJP leader

NationalFiling complaint would have strained relations: Family of Gwalior woman chose 'peace' over police

NationalOnion farmers will make you cry tomorrow: Shiv Sen(UBT) in 'Saamana'

NationalKarnataka: Woman dies by suicide over alleged harassment by husband, mother-in-law in Ballari; two arrested

NationalBengal govt sends panel of three IAS officers to ECI for new CEO appointment