City
Epaper

Ashok Gehlot slams BJP on Congress split claims

By IANS | Updated: November 17, 2025 23:45 IST

Jaipur, Nov 17 Former Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launched a sharp counterattack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi ...

Open in App

Jaipur, Nov 17 Former Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot launched a sharp counterattack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday, saying that Congress will always remain united.

“PM Modi’s statement is nonsense. They haven’t been able to elect a national president for their own party, the BJP, for two years. So, is the rift within the BJP or the Congress?” he said.

Speaking to the media at Jaipur Airport, Gehlot said that PM Modi keeps making rhetoric. “Congress is capable of dealing with the way the central government is misusing agencies. We will fight this together.”

On the BJP’s defeat in the Anta by-election, Gehlot said that Congress won by 15,000 votes because the incumbent government has failed.

“The welfare schemes we ran during our tenure were discussed across the country. Even today, people in villages remember those schemes and regret the loss of the Congress government,” he said.

He accused the BJP government of weakening or discontinuing popular programmes.

“Since coming to power, they have either diluted or shut down schemes like Annapurna Yojana, pensions, scholarships, health and education initiatives. There is public resentment, but their voices are not being heard,” he said.

Commenting on the Bihar election results, Gehlot said that no one could have imagined the extent of money power used, adding that new stories are emerging every day.

“The Rs 10,000 credited to women’s accounts is another matter, but the election was won entirely through money power,” he said.

On the appointment of the new Chief Secretary, V. Srinivas, Gehlot said that the previous Chief Secretary, Sudhansh Pant, had extensive experience in Rajasthan.

“He had been advising and supporting the Chief Minister’s Office efficiently,” he said.

He added that the new Chief Secretary is a good person.

“I know him well, but he has been out of Rajasthan for 20 years. He lacks the coordination and interaction with officers that this post demands,” he said.

Gehlot said the Principal Secretary to the CM and other senior officers will now have to shoulder additional responsibility.

“Only time will tell how the new Chief Secretary performs without on-ground experience,” he noted.

--IANS

arc/dan

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

Other SportsBetween the cheers and the silence: The uneasy wait for Dhoni's final goodbye

Other Sports'He has four or five levels to unlock': Rayudu on Jurel’s batting potential

EntertainmentYo Yo Honey Singh reveals he made beats for ‘Payal’ in 2007, used in 2024

NationalSelf-styled godman Ashok Kharat sent to ED custody till May 26 in PMLA case

BusinessBHIVE Expands Whitefield Footprint with 3000+ Seat at Concorde Econex Campus

National Realted Stories

NationalParole jumper convicted in murder case arrested after 24 years in UP

NationalSave country from economic crisis, threat to Constitution: LoP Gandhi tells Congmen in Raebareli

NationalSC issues notice on PIL against liquor sold in tetra packs, sachets

NationalSuryastra rockets demonstrate capability to hit targets at 300 Kms in trials

NationalBengal Police arrest two Trinamool leaders in 2024 Sandeshkhali ED attack case