City
Epaper

Bihar: Dr Nusrat Praveen joins service after prolonged wait

By IANS | Updated: January 7, 2026 18:50 IST

Patna, Jan 7 After weeks of speculation and discussion, Dr Nusrat Praveen has officially joined her new post, ...

Open in App

Patna, Jan 7 After weeks of speculation and discussion, Dr Nusrat Praveen has officially joined her new post, bringing clarity to the matter that had attracted considerable attention.

The development was confirmed by the Patna district Civil Surgeon, effectively ending the uncertainty surrounding her appointment.

Civil Surgeon Dr Avinash Kumar Singh told IANS that the joining formalities were completed on January 6.

He explained that Nusrat Praveen underwent a mandatory medical examination, and following receipt of the medical fitness report, she formally joined the department the same day.

However, the Civil Surgeon maintained a cautious stance on the issue.

While he confirmed the completion of the joining process, he declined to give an on-camera statement, choosing instead to share the information informally.

With her joining now confirmed, the long-running speculation surrounding Nusrat Praveen’s appointment has finally come to an end.

Dr Nusrat Parveen’s appointment became controversial after a video went viral on social media, showing Chief Minister Nitish Kumar pulling the hijab (veil) of Dr Nusrat Parveen during a health department program held for the distribution of appointment letters at the Chief Minister’s secretariat on December 15, 2025.

The incident sparked widespread criticism and political reactions, and the controversy has continued since then.

Opposition leaders, especially the RJD, highlighted the issue, and the Bihar Chief Minister has faced huge criticism for his act.

The issue sparked debates not only in Bihar but also in Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir, and even across the border in Pakistan.

A threatening video allegedly released by a Pakistani don, targeting Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, went viral on social media.

Additionally, a Muslim woman lodged an FIR against the Chief Minister at a police station in Lucknow, while film actress Rakhi Sawant also publicly criticised him over the issue.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

EntertainmentRavi Mohan dons maala, begins fasting as he prepares to undertake holy Sabarimala trip

BusinessIndia-Norway green alliance offers pragmatic climate roadmap: Former Norwegian Minister Erik Solheim

NationalDelhi Police solves 89 cyber fraud cases in April involving nearly Rs 40 crore

Businessmotorola razr fold with DXOMARK Gold camera, 6000mAh battery and 8.1" display goes on sale from Rs. 5,556*/month with moto buds 2 plus at Rs. 4,999*

NationalDelhi Police crime branch arrests history-sheeter wanted in attempt to murder case

National Realted Stories

NationalBengal govt launches major security revamp at 5 Kolkata hospitals, night patrols in place

NationalThird accused arrested in Greater Noida dowry death case

NationalJoint security operations continue in Manipur to rescue remaining hostages

NationalNDRF deploys eight teams across Keralam ahead of Southwest Monsoon

NationalEven my son raised questions, says CPI(M)'s Govindan on mounting criticism after Kerala poll defeat