City
Epaper

Bihar polls: Tejashwi rejects exit polls, says Grand Alliance will take oath on Nov 18

By IANS | Updated: November 12, 2025 14:25 IST

Patna, Nov 12 Grand Alliance chief ministerial candidate Tejashwi Yadav said on Wednesday that the Mahagathbandhan will form ...

Open in App

Patna, Nov 12 Grand Alliance chief ministerial candidate Tejashwi Yadav said on Wednesday that the Mahagathbandhan will form the government in Bihar after the November 14 results, and dismissed exit poll projections that favour the NDA.

Addressing a press conference at his official residence-cum-office in Patna, Tejashwi said turnout in this election rose sharply compared with 2020, with more than 72 lakh additional voters exercising their franchise.

“This is a massive number of voters. The polling percentage is almost 10 percentage points higher than the last election, about 72 lakh more voters. That means roughly 29,000 extra votes at every polling booth, and these votes were cast to change the government,” he said.

Tejashwi said ground feedback indicates even better performance than 1995, and predicted a decisive victory for the Grand Alliance.

“The change will happen in Bihar -- people have voted for change. The BJP leaders are uneasy because they know they are facing a big defeat. The Grand Alliance is sweeping this election, and we will take the oath on November 18,” he said.

Rejecting exit polls released on Tuesday, Tejashwi questioned their methodology and accused several news channels of bias.

“What is the relevance of these exit polls? What was their sample size? I believe they were instructed by Amit Shah to favour the NDA. Many channels previously gave the NDA over 400 seats in the Lok Sabha and predicted results in West Bengal and Jharkhand that did not materialise,” he said, adding that such polls create pressure on officials.

He warned his team would remain vigilant from strong rooms to counting centres.

“Your tricks will not work in Bihar, the land of democracy. We are alert and will not allow vote rigging,” he said.

Tejashwi also criticised the deployment of central security forces, alleging that the Central government used flag marches to create pressure on officers in Bihar.

“They staged flag marches here -- actions they would not take in Delhi after the blast -- only to apply pressure on officers here,” he claimed.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

International'Reflects enduring cultural bonds': PM Modi, Swedish PM Kristersson celebrate Tagore's legacy

InternationalUS: Indian student killed in road accident near Chicago

BusinessSensex, Nifty open deep in red on weak global cues and rising oil prices

NationalUnprecedented victory, Kerala witnessing new political era: Kharge

NationalMumbai Crime Branch nabs two in West Bengal Ashram bombing case after tracking them to Borivali

National Realted Stories

NationalHonoured to have addressed European Round Table for Industry in Gothenburg: PM Modi

NationalTN's Ooty flower festival begins today with grand floral displays, heritage themes

NationalBihar: Fire breaks out in passenger train at Sasaram Railway Station, no injuries reported

NationalAIADMK rift deepens in TN as district units turn battlegrounds

NationalBengal cabinet meets today; DA allowances, transparent admissions in colleges, varsities on agenda