City
Epaper

Bomb Threat in Delhi Schools: 14-Year-Old Student Sent Threatening Email to Avoid Going to School

By Lokmat English Desk | Updated: August 3, 2024 10:41 IST

A bomb threat was alerted in Delhi on Saturday morning, August 3, after the police received threats via email ...

Open in App

A bomb threat was alerted in Delhi on Saturday morning, August 3, after the police received threats via email to the Summer Fields School situated in Delhi's Kailash Colony area. According to the police, the bomb threat turned out to be a hoax, as nothing suspicious was found after a thorough check. 

The mail was received by a 14-year-old student who was sent to Summer Fields School in Kailash Colony because he didn't want to attend his school. 

"A 14-year-old student has been identified and is being questioned. The student didn't want to go to the school and had, therefore, sent the bomb threat mail. The student had mentioned two more schools in the mail to make it look genuine. Investigation is underway," said Delhi police officer.

The student mentioned two additional schools in the mail to make the threat appear more credible. However, investigations have confirmed that there was no credible danger to any of the schools mentioned. 

“The administration of Summer Fields School reported receiving an email message at 12.30 am at the school’s email address. The content of the email insinuated that an explosive device had been surreptitiously planted within the school premises, thereby posing an imminent threat to the safety and well-being of the students and staff,” a senior police officer said.

“Tomorrow there will be a blast at the school,” the email read.

Tags: Delhi schoolsBomb Threat EmailBomb Threat
Open in App

Related Stories

MumbaiMumbai Railway Police Control Room Receives Threat Call, Caller Demands Rs 5 Crore

NationalBarnala Bomb Threat: Multiple Schools Evacuated After Explosion Warning Emails, No Suspicious Objects Found

Navi MumbaiMumbai Hoax Bomb Threat: APMC Labourer Held After Panic Call to Police

NationalGujarat Bomb Threat: RTO Offices in Ahmedabad, Surat, Rajkot, and Vadodara Evacuated After Emails Trigger Panic; Driving Tests Halted

NationalDelhi Bomb Threat: DU Colleges Receive Threatening Mails, Police Launch Massive Search

National Realted Stories

NationalUttarakhand CM Dhami approves development schemes worth Rs 1,344 cr for statewide development

NationalWest Bengal govt grants ED sanction to prosecute RG Kar's former principal Sandip Ghosh

NationalDelhi Court grants 24-hour transit remand of AAP Leader Deepak Singla to ED in alleged money laundering case

NationalBRS demands Union Minister Bandi Sanjay Kumar over son's arrest in POCSO case

NationalStone-pelting will not be tolerated, hooliganism will be eradicated from Bengal: Chief Minister Suvendu Adhikari