City
Epaper

Bombay HC extends Sameer Wankhede's bail till July 20

By ANI | Updated: July 5, 2023 23:40 IST

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], July 5 : The Bombay High Court on Wednesday extended interim relief from arrest to former ...

Open in App

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], July 5 : The Bombay High Court on Wednesday extended interim relief from arrest to former Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Mumbai Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede till July 20 in the alleged bribery case in the drugs-on-cruise case involving actor Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan.

Earlier on June 28, the Bombay HC extended his prevention from arrest for another week and listed the case till July 5.

CBI booked Wankhede for allegedly demanding Rs 25 crore as a bribe for not framing Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan in the drugs-on-cruise case. The agency said that the deal was closed for Rs 18 crore adding that assets to Wankhade were not proportionate to his known sources of income.

Other corruption charges against Sameer Wankhede and other NCB Officials were also in the process.

The investigating agency said the assets to Wankhede were not proportionate to his known sources of income. The FIR copy said he was not able to justify expenses made during his foreign visit.

Wankhede has alleged that he was being punished for being a patriot. His statement came in response to the CBI raids at his residence and other premises on Friday.

Last year Wankhede raided Cordelia Cruise and arrested Actor Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan in an alleged drug case.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: Narcotics Control BureauSameer wankhedeAryan KhanmumbaiMumbai SattaT20 Mumbai LeagueMumbai IndiansMumbai LeagueBombayBombay High CourtMumbai North WestMumbai NorthMumbai North Lok Sabha
Open in App

Related Stories

CricketIPL 2026 Points Table: Updated Standings After RR vs DC Match 62

MumbaiMumbai Tree Collapse: 15-Year-Old Succumbs A Week After Khar Mishap, Other Victims Remain Critical

MumbaiUlhasnagar Horror: Woman Beaten, Hair Chopped Off And Paraded Over Temple Entry Row; 3 Held

MumbaiBJP Leader Kirit Somaiya Urges BMC, Police To Prevent Open Goat Slaughter In Residential Areas During Bakri Eid

CricketIPL 2026 Playoff Qualification Scenarios Explained After KKR vs GT Match 60

National Realted Stories

NationalCentre plans water metro network across 18 cities

National"About 6.5 lakh pilgrims visited Kedarnath, security, crowd management arrangements in place": Rudraprayag DM

NationalBangladesh economy seen as taking a hit due to trade, defence deals with US

NationalReasi administration issues advisory on Salal dam silt flushing

NationalBrahmos advances India’s rise as major defence arms exporter: Report