City
Epaper

COVID-19: Rajasthan cancels classes 10, 12 state board exams

By ANI | Updated: June 3, 2021 00:20 IST

The Rajasthan government on Wednesday announced the cancellation of classes 10 and 12 examinations conducted by the state board this year in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Open in App

The Rajasthan government on Wednesday announced the cancellation of classes 10 and 12 examinations conducted by the state board this year in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.

This follows after the central government announced cancelling the CBSE Class 12 board exams.

According to the statement issued by the state government, the decision was taken during a meeting of the State Council of Ministers which was chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot.

"Medical experts have warned that children may be more prone to infection in a possible third wave of COVID-19. In such a situation, it has been decided to cancel the examinations of classes 10 and 12 conducted by the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education," the statement said.

Earlier on June 2, the Uttarakhand government and Madhya Pradesh government decided to cancel Class 12 state board examinations in view of the prevailing COVID situation in the state.

The Central government on Tuesday, during a review meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi regarding decided that class XII board exams of CBSE would not be held this year in view of the uncertain conditions due to COVID-19 and the feedback obtained from various stakeholders.

The government said that CBSE will take steps to compile the results of class XII students as per well-defined objective criteria in a time-bound manner. It was also decided that like last year, in case some students desire to take the exams, such an option would be provided to them by CBSE, as and when the situation becomes conducive.

On April 14, the Central government took the decision to cancel Class 10 board exams.

( With inputs from ANI )

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: Union Council of MinistersRajasthan board of secondary educationAshok GehlotNarendra ModiNarendra modi modi
Open in App

Related Stories

BusinessShares of Parle Industries Jump 5% After PM Modi Gifts ‘Melody’ Toffee to Italian PM Giorgia Meloni

EntertainmentVipul Amrutlal Shah Says PM Modi’s Message on the Current Scenario in the Country Echoes His Upcoming Film

PoliticsOppn Calls PM Modi’s ‘Seven’ Appeals “Economic Failure Repackaged As Moral Advice”; BJP Defends It As “Right Call” Amid West Asia Crisis

NationalCentre Hikes Fair Price of Sugarcane to Rs 365 a Quintal To Boost Farmers’ Incomes

NationalBengal Assembly Polls: BJP Set To Form Government With Two-Thirds Majority

National Realted Stories

NationalKarnataka government to start funds distribution for Greater Bangalore Township Project from June 1st: Deputy CM DK Shivakumar

NationalDelhi HC asks Centre to examine claim that Dhurandhar 2 revealed sensitive armed forces details

NationalBihar: Police detains BPSC TRE 4 aspirants protesting outside Patna College demanding release of exam notification

National'Complete shutdown’: Nationwide chemists’ strike against online pharmacy sales

NationalRaj HC grants interim relief to petitioners in SI recruitment 2021 re-examination case