City
Epaper

Delhi Bomb Scare: 3 Schools Receive Threatening Email; Police Find Nothing Suspicious

By Lokmat English Desk | Updated: July 14, 2025 11:52 IST

Three schools in Delhi received a bomb threat e-mail on Monday, July 14. The calls were received at the ...

Open in App

Three schools in Delhi received a bomb threat e-mail on Monday, July 14. The calls were received at the Navy Children School in Chanakyapuri and the CRPF Public School in Prashant Vihar and the Dwarka area, reports said.However, no suspicious items have been found yet. Cyber Police experts were ascertaining the source of the threats. Police said that similar threats had been received earlier through emails as well. In May, the Directorate of Education (DoE) issued a 115-point Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to address bomb threats in Delhi schools, following Delhi High Court directions and in coordination with national and local agencies.

In view of the increasing threats, the Delhi government two months ago rolled out a comprehensive standard operating procedure (SOP) for managing bomb threats in schools that includes measures like installing CCTV cameras, making evacuation plans and holding regular safety audits & mock drills. Designed by the Directorate of Education (DoE), the protocol lays emphasis on a four-tier strategy based on prevention, preparedness, response and recovery. According to a statement from the DoE, the SOP drafted following directions from the Delhi HC is aligned with national safety guidelines. The SOP also emphasised the need for regular safety audits, structured staff training and awareness campaigns to prepare students and parents for possible emergency situations.

The department  instructed all principals and schools to form school safety committees to oversee routine mock drills, ensure that emergency kits are maintained and coordinate on evacuation routes. Further, the SOP has highlighted the need for seamless coordination with emergency services like the Delhi police and fire service.Moreover, parents have been requested to keep their contact details updated and stay up to speed with the safety plans.

Tags: Bomb ThreatBomb Threat EmailDelhi schoolsdelhiThreat EmailThreat News
Open in App

Related Stories

MumbaiMumbai: After Kapil Sharma, Goregaon Businessman Receives Threat Call from Lawrence Bishnoi Gang

NationalDelhi Hit-and-Drag: 16-Year-Old Driver Drags Pedestrian for Several Metres in Samaypur Badli; Victim Dies

NationalDelhi Murder Horror: Tailor Strangles Woman Over Loan Dispute, Dumps Body in Dabri Drain

NationalHospital Construction Scam: ED Raids AAP Leader Saurabh Bhardwaj's Residence in Delhi

NationalDelhi Metro Fight: Two Women Slap and Push Each Other Over Seat Dispute; Shocking Video Emerges (Watch)

National Realted Stories

NationalOdisha CM slams Rahul Gandhi over remarks against PM Modi’s mother

NationalManipur Guv inaugurates 21st Governor’s Cup, state-level fencing championship

NationalRajasthan CM slams Rahul Gandhi and Tejashwi Yadav for remarks on PM Modi’s mother

NationalMizoram Assembly adopts bill banning begging in state

NationalTelangana to be developed as global sports destination: Official