City
Epaper

Jharkhand liquor scam: ACB arrests seven accused from Maharashtra, Gujarat

By IANS | Updated: October 14, 2025 13:30 IST

Ranchi, Oct 14 The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Jharkhand has arrested seven accused from Maharashtra and Gujarat for ...

Open in App

Ranchi, Oct 14 The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) of Jharkhand has arrested seven accused from Maharashtra and Gujarat for their alleged involvement in large-scale financial irregularities in government liquor contracts, officials said on Tuesday.

According to ACB officials, the arrests were made during coordinated operations across the two states.

The accused are being brought to Ranchi on transit remand and will be produced before the ACB’s special court.

Those arrested have been identified as Vipin Jadavbhai Parmar, Mahesh Shedge, Paresh Abhesingh Thakor, and Vikram Singh Thakor from Gujarat.

Apart from this, the ACB also arrested Jagan Tukaram Desai, Kamal Jagan Desai, and Sheetal Jagan Desai from Maharashtra.

The ACB had obtained arrest warrants for the seven individuals in June this year after uncovering major irregularities during its investigation.

As per the findings, seven placement and service companies had been awarded contracts by the Jharkhand government to operate liquor outlets and provide manpower to the Jharkhand State Beverages Corporation Limited (JSBCL).

However, these firms allegedly violated tender conditions and submitted forged bank guarantees as part of their contractual obligations.

An internal audit conducted by JSBCL revealed that the fraudulent activities of these companies caused a loss of Rs 129.55 crore to the state exchequer. The total scam value, according to ACB estimates, is believed to exceed Rs 150 crore.

The seven newly arrested accused are suspected of being part of a wider network already under the scanner.

The ACB had earlier arrested several high-profile figures in connection with the case, including senior IAS officer Vinay Kumar Chaubey, retired IAS officer Amit Prakash, Jharkhand Administrative Service officer Gajendra Singh, Chhattisgarh-based businessman Siddharth Singhania, and Prism Holography Company director Vidhu Gupta.

However, all the accused were later granted bail after the agency failed to file a charge sheet within the stipulated time.

An ACB official said that the investigation is still going on and that more arrests are likely in the coming days.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

Other Sports1st ODI: India brush past South Africa in close encounter, take 1-0 lead in three-match series

InternationalAshdod moves forward with renewable energy project

InternationalJoint intervention program to increase enforcement, save lives on Israel's roads launched

InternationalIsraeli agency finds correlation between rate of work accidents, increasing temperatures

InternationalFirst principle of British foreign policy: Protecting England by the finances of India (From the Archives)

National Realted Stories

NationalFirst principle of British foreign policy: Protecting England by the finances of India (From the Archives)

NationalBill to impose extra levy on tobacco, pan masala for replacing GST cess to be tabled in LS

NationalOperation Sagar Bandhu: IAF executes major rescue in Sri Lanka's landslide-hit Kotmale, evacuates 45, including 12 Indians

NationalMamata Banerjee to visit Cooch Behar on Dec 9, to hold a crucial public meeting

NationalSIR date extended till Dec 11 in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh