City
Epaper

Jharkhand Secretariat employees go on mass leave, work comes to standstill

By IANS | Updated: September 10, 2024 15:50 IST

Ranchi, Sep 10 Employees of the Jharkhand Secretariat Service have gone on a three-day mass leave starting Tuesday ...

Open in App

Ranchi, Sep 10 Employees of the Jharkhand Secretariat Service have gone on a three-day mass leave starting Tuesday demanding promotions and creation of new posts at various levels.

Their action has led to a temporary halt in operations at the Secretariat and the Directorate, with the mass leave to continue until September 12.

Praveen Toppo, Secretary in the Department of Personnel, Administrative Reforms, and Official Language, had previously engaged in discussions with the Jharkhand Secretariat Service Association regarding the demands.

However, the negotiations failed to break the deadlock.

Following the association's call, officials, including branch officers, assistant branch officers, undersecretaries, deputy secretaries, and joint secretaries have joined the mass leave.

As a result, work at various offices in Ranchi, including those in Project Building, Nepal House, FFP, and MDI Building, has nearly ceased. Although some Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and Jharkhand Administrative Service (JAS) officers reported for duty, they could do nothing due to the absence of subordinate staff.

The protesting officials also held a demonstration in front of the Department of Personnel, Administrative Reforms, and Official Language in support of their demands.

Secretariat Service Association President Dhruv Prasad said that Chief Minister Hemant Soren had earlier assured the creation of new Deputy Secretary and Joint Secretary posts to facilitate promotions. Despite a state government resolution on employee promotions, Secretariat Service officers have not benefited from these changes, he said.

The Association’s General Secretary Siddharth Besra emphasised that the government must address their legitimate demands, as he warned that if there is no positive response by the end of the three-day mass leave, further actions will be considered.

The union had previously staged protests in June over similar issues.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

TechnologyThis year, India’s exports will be higher than last year: Piyush Goyal

EntertainmentVicky Jain: With my Ankita by my side, the celebrations feel even more special

BusinessThis year, India’s exports will be higher than last year: Piyush Goyal

NationalStir in K'taka Congress: Sacked Minister Rajanna’s supporters threaten ‘Delhi Chalo’ protest

BusinessIshaara launched ‘Proof Positive’ – A Zero-Proof Cocktail Experience Redefining mixology in Ahmedabad

National Realted Stories

NationalThis year, India’s exports will be higher than last year: Piyush Goyal

NationalBJP-Cong workers clash in Patna over abusive remarks against PM Modi, his mother

NationalMinor killed as lightning strikes Ganesh pandal in MP

NationalBihar SIR claim submission: SC to hear on Sep 1 pleas seeking extension of deadline

NationalThieves steal electric transformer, curtains from mosque in J&K’s Ganderbal