City
Epaper

Maha CM skips Ladki Bahin Yojana promotion rally due to eye surgery

By IANS | Updated: September 27, 2024 16:40 IST

Mumbai, Sep 27 Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde on Friday skipped the rally to promote the Mukhyamantri Majhi ...

Open in App

Mumbai, Sep 27 Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde on Friday skipped the rally to promote the Mukhyamantri Majhi Ladki Bahin Yojana at Shirdi following an eye surgery.

“Chief Minister Eknath Shinde has undergone eye surgery. So the doctor has advised him to take rest and special care. In the wake of the doctor’s advice, the Chief Minister has decided to take a break by cancelling the promotion program of Ladki Bahin Yojana under the Women Empowerment Campaign in Shirdi and the foundation laying ceremony of Onion Mahabank in Rahuri and all other scheduled programs today. However, the media is requested not to make any other arguments in this regard,” said the Chief Minister’s Office in a release.

Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis attended the function at Shirdi while another Deputy Chief Minister and Nationalist Congress Party national president Ajit Pawar skipped it due to his Jansanman Yatra scheduled earlier in Kolhapur district.

Chief Minister Eknath Shinde and two DCMs have been travelling across Maharashtra to promote the Ladki Bahin Yojana and other welfare and development schemes ahead of the upcoming assembly election.

The Chief Minister two days ago said that the state government has so far directly deposited Rs 1,500 each for the months of July and August under the Ladki Bahin Yojana in the bank account of over 1.60 crore eligible women beneficiaries.

He further announced that the government will deposit the third instalment for the month of September by September 29.

Shinde has reiterated that the government will increase the monthly financial aid to Rs 3,000 from the present level of Rs 1,500 after the MahaYuti government comes back to power.

Both Fadnavis and Pawar have criticised the opposition for criticising the Ladki Bahin Yojana saying that the scheme will not be closed but will be implemented in the next five years.

Pawar said that the government hopes to provide financial aid under the Ladki Bahin Yojana to 2.50 core eligible women beneficiaries across the state.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

NationalWho Was Twisha Sharma? Former Miss Pune Found Dead Months After Her Marriage at Her Matrimonial Home in Bhopal

NationalOdisha Shocker: Man and Female Friend Attacked With Stick in Berhampur, Disturbing Video Surfaces

Other SportsFatima Sana, Lauren Bell among big movers in latest ICC Women’s Rankings

BusinessBRICS Chamber of Commerce and Industry Ushers in a New Era with Appointment of Mr. Sameep Shastri as Chairman for 2026–2029

BusinessDr. Vivek Bindra and Bada Business Private Limited Help Akupaad Marketing Pvt. Ltd. Achieve 340% Revenue Growth and Expand Across Uttar Pradesh

National Realted Stories

NationalFormer Union Minister Rajen Gohain quits Assam Jatiya Parishad

NationalDelhi HC sentences YouTuber to six months jail for criminal contempt

NationalAlleged dowry victim Twisha Sharma's mother-in-law claims case lacks merit, Twisha's family questions her

NationalShimla residents fear rising inflation as fuel prices continue weekly hike

NationalTMC candidate for Falta by-polls Jahangir Khan withdraws nomination