City
Epaper

NIA chargesheets 23rd accused in Lawrence Bishnoi gang-Babbar Khalsa nexus case

By IANS | Updated: May 18, 2026 21:10 IST

New Delhi, May 18 The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Monday filed charges against the 23rd accused in ...

Open in App

New Delhi, May 18 The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Monday filed charges against the 23rd accused in a Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) and Lawrence Bishnoi gang terror nexus case of 2022, an official said.

In the sixth chargesheet filed before NIA Special Court at Patiala House Court in New Delhi in the case RC- 39/2022/NIA/DLI, accused Arjit Kumar alias Ajit was charged under various sections of IPC and Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.

Arjit is the 23rd accused to be chargesheeted in the case, related to a terror conspiracy by the dreaded Lawrence Bishnoi gang and the proscribed BKI to spread terrorism in India, the NIA said in a statement.

He, along with 19 other accused, is under arrest while three others are absconding, the NIA said.

The case, initially filed by the Special Cell of Delhi Police in August 2022, was subsequently taken over for investigation by the NIA.

The anti-terror agency found, during its probe, that Arjit had colluded with co-accused to facilitate members of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang to carry out terrorist activities on Indian soil and flee the country.

Investigations by the NIA revealed that the accused had fraudulently arranged passports and visas for the gang members.

An accused in the instant case, identified as Sachin Bishnoi, and some other gang members had used such fake travel documents to escape the country.

In October last year, the NIA had charge sheeted the 22nd accused in the case.

In its fifth charge sheet filed before the NIA Special Court, Patiala House, Delhi, the NIA had charged Rahul Sarkar with facilitating members of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang in committing terror activities in India.

According to the charge sheet, Sarkar also assisted the gang members in fleeing the country by preparing and arranging forged identity documents, such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID and Bank Passbook.

The accused further used the fake documents to aid the gang members, including co-accused Sachin Bishnoi, in fraudulently procuring passports to flee the country and carry on with their terror activities, the NIA investigations revealed.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

CricketIPL 2026: MS Dhoni Sends Chepauk Into Frenzy After Walking Onto the Field During CSK vs SRH Match (VIDEO)

InternationalOperation Sindoor reflects India’s growing strength: Rajnath Singh in Hanoi

NationalTwisha Sharma’s death: Police examining procedural lapses and evidence​

NationalLucknow demolition row escalates as lawyers allege lathi-charge

NationalKarnataka govt to celebrate three years in office amid leadership buzz

National Realted Stories

NationalHimachal: Over 900 SEHB sanitation workers continue strike in Shimla, garbage piles up across city

NationalArunachal Governor meets CDS, discusses border security and frontier development

NationalVOC Port organises safety workshop 2026; focuses on operational and workplace safety

NationalIndia’s 1st bullet train project: Where the Mumbai-Ahmedabad corridor stands nearly 9 years after launch

NationalKuki-Zo body seeks PM Modi’s intervention in Manipur crisis