City
Epaper

Odisha train accident: CM Patnaik announces free bus services to Kolkata

By ANI | Updated: June 4, 2023 12:50 IST

Bhubaneswar (Odisha) [India], June 4 : Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Sunday announced free bus services to Kolkata ...

Open in App

Bhubaneswar (Odisha) [India], June 4 : Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Sunday announced free bus services to Kolkata in the wake of the triple train tragedy in Balasore that claimed 288 lives.

"Keeping in view the greater benefit of the commuters CM Naveen Patnaik has announced free bus service to Kolkata from Puri, Bhubaneswar and Cuttack from today," the Chief Minister's Office (CMO), Odisha said.

Meanwhile, daily around 50 buses ferry between Kolkata and the above three cities of Odisha.

The entire cost will be met from Chief Minister's Relief fund and this arrangement will continue till the restoration of normal train service on the Balasore route, it read.

The disastrous train accident has claimed 288 lives so far while over 1,000 people sustained injuries.

Earlier today, Chief Minister Patnaik announced an ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh each to the kin of the deceased of the state.

The victims of the train accident are undergoing treatment in various government and private hospitals between Bhubaneswar and Balasore, it further read.

On Saturday, Odisha CM reached the accident site and took stock of the situation in Odisha's Balasore where a passenger train collided with a goods train leaving several injured.

Meanwhile, the restoration work is underway at Odisha's Balasore where two passenger trains and a goods carriage were involved in a horrific accident.

The preliminary report on the tragedy said the three-way accident involved Bengaluru-Howrah Superfast Express, the Coromandel Express and goods trains on three separate tracks at Bahanaga Bazar Station in the Balasore district. As many as 17 coaches of these two passenger trains were derailed and severely damaged in the accident on Friday evening.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: CMOBengaluru-howrah superfast expressNaveen PatnaikindiaDisney IndiaBhubaneswarAll India Majlis E Ittehadul MuslimeenCommunist Party Of India MarxistIndia TodayAir Asia IndiaAsia IndiaFifa U 17 World Cup IndiaAll India Football Federation
Open in App

Related Stories

TechnologyHow To Effortlessly Transfer Data from Android to iPhone Using Apple’s Move to iOS App

NationalDonald Trump Imposes Additional 25% Tariff on India, Total Tariff Now 50%

TechnologyWill the Government Have to Offer More Incentives on EVs? NITI Aayog Raises Concerns Over Slow Sales Growth

OpinionsWhy is Trump So Upset with India?

MumbaiUniversity of Bristol Chooses Mumbai for Its First Overseas Campus, Set to Open in September 2026

National Realted Stories

NationalArmy conducts exercise 'Yudh Kaushal' 3.0 in Arunachal Pradesh showcasing next-generation combat readiness

NationalPM Modi spotlights growing influence of Indian culture, citing examples from Italy, Canada, Russia

National2,000 e-Govt services on DigiLocker, e-District platforms put on pan-India net

NationalSC to hear tomorrow plea against new disclosure mechanism of answer keys in NEET-PG

NationalChennai to install 170 new ANPR cameras to curb wrong-side driving