City
Epaper

Only 128 claims, objections received from political parties in Bihar: ECI

By IANS | Updated: August 30, 2025 15:40 IST

New Delhi, Aug 30 The Election Commission of India (ECI) on Saturday said that political parties in Bihar ...

Open in App

New Delhi, Aug 30 The Election Commission of India (ECI) on Saturday said that political parties in Bihar have submitted only 128 claims and objections so far -- 25 seeking inclusion in the voter list and 103 for exclusion.

This comes despite repeated allegations from opposition parties of “vote theft” and “voter list manipulation.”

In contrast, electors themselves have filed nearly 2.27 lakh claims and objections -- 29,872 for inclusion and 1,97,764 for exclusion. Of these, 33,771 have already been disposed of, the ECI said.

According to the ECI’s latest bulletin dated August 30, the Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) [Liberation] alone accounted for 118 of the 128 submissions from political parties. The Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) filed 10 objections seeking inclusion.

Recognised national parties -- including the BJP, Congress, CPI(M), AAP, BSP, and the National People’s Party -- did not file a single claim or objection.

The data was released even as the Congress and RJD stepped up their criticism of the Special Intensive Revision (SIR) process, alleging it was designed to disenfranchise voters.

The SIR began on June 24, and the draft electoral roll was published on August 1. The window for filing claims and objections closes on September 1.

The Commission clarified that generic complaints without the prescribed forms are not treated as valid claims or objections. It also noted that no claims were filed by persons other than electors of a particular Assembly constituency, as provided under Section 2(g) of the Representation of the People Act, 1950.

Overall, the ECI said it has received 13.33 lakh claims and objections directly from individual electors across the state, of which over 61,000 have been disposed of so far. It stressed that no name will be deleted from the draft roll without a speaking order from the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) or Assistant ERO after due inquiry.

The ECI also reminded aggrieved persons that they may submit claims in Form 6, along with Aadhaar details, before the September 1 deadline.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

CricketHeatwave in UAE: Asia Cup Match Timings Changed Due to Extreme Weather Conditions

NationalCM Stalin receives rousing welcome in Germany from Tamil diaspora as he commences Europe tour

InternationalProtest by Baloch families enters 46th day, demanding release of leaders

InternationalTaiwan detects 5 PLA aircraft, 6 PLAN vessels around its territory

InternationalNamibia vows to bridge rural gaps in water, roads and digital access

National Realted Stories

NationalTN to launch pilot counselling scheme for prisoners reintegration from Sep 1

NationalKerala‘s Malappuram panchayats step up preventive measures against rat fever

NationalTN fisherfolk to protest on Sep 9 against sea bridge projects in Chennai

NationalAmit Shah to inaugurate development projects in Ahmedabad today

NationalChennai Police warn public against rising online investment scams