City
Epaper

Oppn stages walkout as Maha govt 'fails' to increase aid under Ladki Bahin Yojana

By IANS | Updated: March 12, 2025 14:51 IST

Mumbai, March 12 Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly on Wednesday created a ruckus and staged a walkout ...

Open in App

Mumbai, March 12 Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly on Wednesday created a ruckus and staged a walkout to protest the Mahayuti government's "failure" to increase the monthly financial aid to beneficiaries of the Ladki Bahin Yojana from Rs 1,500 to Rs 2,100.

The opposition claimed that the Mahayuti did not keep its poll promise.

The issue was raised by NCP-SP legislator Rohit Pawar who said that the government has forgotten its promise as it had not hiked the monthly aid to Rs 2,100 for women beneficiaries of Ladki Bahin Yojana. He claimed that there had been no mention in the state Budget on Monday.

Shiv Sena-UBT legislator Varun Sardesai demanded that the state government quickly pay the revised monthly financial aid to women beneficiaries. As there was no response from the government, the opposition walked out of the Assembly.

Notably, Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister Ajit Pawar after presenting the Budget of the Mahayuti government asserted: "We had only said during the Assembly election that we will increase the aid if voted to power. Have I ever made a statement about when the aid will be given? Show me. We will announce when there will be a rise and after that, the women beneficiaries will start getting it."

Further, Chief Minister Fadnavis also said that the increased payout to beloved sisters is being worked out. During the debate on the annual Budget, the opposition leaders, including Jayant Patil, Vijay Wadettiwar, and Jitendra Awhad, among others, allegedly slammed the government for not increasing the monthly aid to Rs 2,100 for women beneficiaries.

Earlier, the opposition before the commencement of the proceedings of both the Houses of state legislature staged a protest at the entrance of the Vidhan Bhavan demanding the announcement of a farm loan waiver.

On the farm loan waiver, Ajit Pawar had claimed he never made any statement in this regard.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalTrump expands discount drug platform

EntertainmentOrry says he is ‘a reality show virgin’ ahead of KKK 15, says it's his retirement’

NationalHM Amit Shah to chair 26th Central Zone Council meeting in Bastar today

LifestyleToday's Horoscope, May 19, 2026: Check Your Zodiac Sign's Predictions and Birthday Forecast

InternationalUS to host G20 foreign ministers in Atlanta

National Realted Stories

NationalUttarakhand: 3 coaches of Ujjain Express derail near Yog Nagari station in Rishikesh; Inquiry ordered

NationalIndia targeting 100 GW nuclear capacity by 2047: BJP MP Shringla on US Executive Nuclear Mission to India

National"Can proudly say India has become free from Naxalism": Amit Shah meets CAPFs personnel, victims of naxal violence in Chhattisgarh

NationalSuspicion cannot justify taking law into own hands: Congress' Sama Ram Mohan Reddy on altercation over alleged illegal cow transport

NationalJ-K traffic police deploy speed radar guns on national highway to curb over speeding, boost safety