City
Epaper

Puducherry schools, colleges shut till January 31 due to rise in Covid cases

By ANI | Updated: January 18, 2022 19:30 IST

Puducherry schools and colleges will remain closed for the students till January 31 amid rising COVID-19 cases, informed Education Minister A Namasviyam.

Open in App

Puducherry schools and colleges will remain closed for the students till January 31 amid rising COVID-19 cases, informed Education Minister A Namasviyam.

Earlier on January 9, the Puducherry government had announced that the physical classes for students of classes 1 to 9 will remain closed.

The Puducherry government resumed the physical classes for students of classes 1 to 9 on December 4 after the pandemic showed signs of improvement.

Earlier in January, the government had imposed additional restrictions with malls and markets allowed to operate with not more than 50 per cent capacity.

As per the Puducherry government's order, the intra and inter-district public transport, cinemas, gyms, salons, parlours, auditoriums will also operate at 50 per cent seating.

These restrictions will be effective till January 31, 2022, the official order had said.

( With inputs from ANI )

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalThree killed in San Diego mosque shooting; two teen suspects found dead

NationalCentre closely monitoring Ebola situation in Central Africa; Public health measures being strengthened: Sources

National"CBI will find out truth", says father of alleged 'main shooter' in Suvendu Adhikari's PA murder probe

NationalUttarakhand police crack down on 'anarchic elements' after stone-pelting incident in Selaqui; several arrested

National"Major step towards boosting public safety, crime investigation": Chhattisgarh Assembly Speaker Raman Singh on launch of emergency response service

National Realted Stories

NationalTMC conducting fact-finding on alleged 'vote theft', SIR issues: Dola Sen

NationalAAP MLA Sanjeev Jha alleges Delhi govt cancelling 8 lakh ration cards, issue only 2 lakh new ones

NationalIMD issues yellow alert as Jaisalmer temperature soars above 45°C

National3 arrested near Chandigarh's Sector 43 ISBT after cross-firing with police

NationalTwisha death case: "They have crossed every boundary of defamation", says Advocate Enosh George Carlo