City
Epaper

Lakers draft Lebron's son Bronny James to form first active father-son duo in NBA history

By IANS | Updated: June 28, 2024 12:35 IST

New York, June 28 Following weeks of anticipation, 19-year-old Bronny James was selected by the Los Angeles Lakers ...

Open in App

New York, June 28 Following weeks of anticipation, 19-year-old Bronny James was selected by the Los Angeles Lakers with the 55th pick in the NBA draft, forming the league’s first active father and son duo.

LeBron, a four-time NBA champion nearing the end of his career, could potentially share the court with his son next season.

The move is of great significance as the league has never seen a father-son duo share the court together. It is also a testament to Lebron’s longevity and legacy in the league as he has been dominating the game ever since his debut in the 2003/04 season.

The 20 time all-star posted a series of photos with his son following the announcement. "Legacy!!," read the caption on Instagram.

Bronny faced a health scare last July when a cardiac arrest revealed a congenital heart defect. Fortunately, he received clearance to resume playing in November.

While Bronny might not be a starter in his rookie season, the chance of seeing him alongside his legendary father has basketball fans excited to the core.

The 39-year-old LeBron, has the option to become a free agent this summer. While he hasn't officially declared his intentions, comments made in 2022 hinting at playing his "last year with my son" suggest a strong possibility of him remaining with the Lakers.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalIran warns US, Israel against repeated aggression, says 'will open new fronts with new tools, methods'

BusinessOne Year of Bellance: From Vision to Three Operational Outlets, with London Debut Headlining a 12-Salon Roadmap for 2026

BusinessBPTP Hosts MediaTek at Capital City, leases 1.04 Lakh Sq. Ft. Space for Rs.144 Crore Total Rent 10 years, Signalling Demand for High-Quality Workspace

BusinessWav.Tech Launches WAV Mobile to Help Consumers and Dealers Address Rising Counterfeit Watch Risks

BusinessPiyush Goyal, Rammohan Naidu discuss key areas of collaboration to boost trade-linked connectivity

Other Sports Realted Stories

Other SportsEngland skipper Nat Sciver-Brunt ruled out of NZ and India series ahead of Women's T20 World Cup

Other SportsBCCI, CA, TNCA begin formal process for proposed BBL game at Chennai: Report

Other SportsWant Pant to become the best Test player that he has always been, says Agarkar

Other SportsIPL 2026: From title contenders to early exit - what went wrong for LSG this season?

Other SportsMalaysia Masters: Hariharan-Arjun stun Popov brothers to make a strong start to campaign