City
Epaper

Family of former Miss Kerala who died in accident wants CBI probe

By IANS | Updated: February 14, 2022 13:05 IST

Kochi, Feb 14 The family of former Miss Kerala Ancy Kabeer, on Monday expressed displeasure in the manner ...

Open in App

Kochi, Feb 14 The family of former Miss Kerala Ancy Kabeer, on Monday expressed displeasure in the manner in which the probe is going on in Ancy's death due to the accident. Ancy's family now wants CBI probe in the wake of a fresh case registered against a hotel owner where DJ party was held prior to the car crash which killed two former beauty pageant winners in the wee hours of November 1.

Nizamuddin, a close relative of Ancy, said even though the police probe is currently on, there seems to be lack of clarity in it.

"It's been a few months since the probe started and now a fresh case has been registered against the hotel owner (Roy J. Vayalatin) in a different case under (Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (Pocso). Things are not clear as it appears there was a gang behind it and issues are interlinked. We are going to meet the Chief Minister to seek a CBI probe into the matter," said Nizamuddin.

Incidentally, last week a mother and her daughter alleged of sexual abuse by the hotel owner and based on her complaint, the police registered a case under Pocso Act.

The hotel owner along with his friend and a lady have sought anticipatory bail from the Kerala High Court over the allegations levelled by the mother and daughter.

In the accident case, Vayalatin and five of his staff members were arrested and granted bail the next day.

Incidentally, in the then remand report, the police expressed doubts whether drugs played a role in the incident. The involvement of blackmailing also needed to be probed, it said and it's these things which have made the family of Ancy seek a CBI probe.

Vayalatin was then arrested after he told the police that the CCTV hard disk which contained the visuals of the party has been destroyed.

Ancy Kabeer, 25, and Anjana Shajan, 24, had died instantly in the crash, a third person Ashiq, succumbed to his injuries a few days later, leaving Abdul Rahman, who drove the car, the only witness.

Though the probe team recovered the hard disk of the CCTV footage at the hotel, it failed to get any visuals of the party, raising suspicion of a foul play.

After several days of probe, the police team learnt that there was an altercation during the party. Before things could take an ugly turn, the youngsters had left the hotel.

It was on their way back that the car, after hitting a two-wheeler, lost control and turned turtle and the death occurred.

However, police found that there was a vehicle following the car carrying the two women. During interrogation, the driver said that the victims' car was being driven at an extremely high speed.

The family of Ancy suspects that the activities going on at the hotel have to be probed thoroughly as there seems to be a mystery. They have said they will approach the Kerala High Court for a CBI probe if there is no favourable reply from the government.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: cbiKerala High CourtAbdul RahmanKerala high courtsAnjana Shajan
Open in App

Related Stories

MumbaiMumbai: Six More Arrested in ₹58-Crore Digital Arrest Scam; Total Tally Rises to 26

BusinessAnil Ambani’s Reliance Infra Extends Losses as CBI Probe Deepens; Reliance Power Sees Mild Recovery

MumbaiMumbai Cyber Fraud: 82-Year-Old Man Duped of Rs 1.08 Crore by Scammers Posing as Telecom, Police and CBI Officials

NationalKarur Stampede: Supreme Court Orders CBI Probe, Justice Ajay Rastogi to Head Investigation

Mumbai‘Digital Arrest’ Fraud: Cybercriminal from Sangli Booked for Extortion Using Dawood’s Sister’s Identity

Politics Realted Stories

MaharashtraSanjay Raut Says Sena–MNS Already Together No Need Others Permission

MaharashtraBig Jolt to Sharad Pawar as Salil Deshmukh, Son of Anil Deshmukh, Quits NCP-SP

PoliticsEknath Shinde Issues Strict No-Crossover Order After Meeting Amit Shah; Directive Communicated to All Shiv Sena Leaders

MaharashtraBMC Elections 2025: Devendra Fadnavis Says Clarity on Seat-Sharing Will Emerge in Two Days

NationalBJP Candidate Satish Kumar Leading Over Tejashwi Yadav in Raghopur Assembly Constituency