City
Epaper

Odisha reduces Class 1-12 syllabi by 30%

By IANS | Updated: August 26, 2020 18:25 IST

Bhubaneswar, Aug 26 Following the disruption in studies due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Odisha government on Wednesday ...

Open in App

Bhubaneswar, Aug 26 Following the disruption in studies due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Odisha government on Wednesday announced a 30 per cent reduction in the syllabi for students of Class 1 to 12 for the 2020-21 academic session.

School and Mass Education Minister Samir Ranjan Dash said the syllabi has been slashed as per the recommendations of the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Board of Secondary Education (BSE), and Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE).

The decision has been taken following the approval of expert committees.

The new syllabus will be available on BSE, CHSE, and SCERT websites, Dash said.

The Central Board of Secondary Education has also slashed the syllabi for Class 1-12 students in the current academic session.

As for schools that have remained closed in the state due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Minister said that their reopening will be considered when the Centre issues the necessary directions.

( With inputs from IANS )

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

International"Even Army is not sure whether Asim Munir is chief or not": Former Member of NSAB Tilak Devasher

InternationalPakistan PM "deliberately staying out" to avoid issuing CDF notification, says security expert Tilak Devasher

Other SportsITTF World Youth Championships 2025: Divyanshi continues her winning momentum with historic U-15 singles medal as India's medal run is strengthened

CricketManchester United come from behind to beat Crystal Palace 2-1

MaharashtraWhy Are Elections in 20 Maharashtra Local Bodies Postponed? What We Know So Far

Politics Realted Stories

MaharashtraSanjay Raut Says Sena–MNS Already Together No Need Others Permission

MaharashtraBig Jolt to Sharad Pawar as Salil Deshmukh, Son of Anil Deshmukh, Quits NCP-SP

PoliticsEknath Shinde Issues Strict No-Crossover Order After Meeting Amit Shah; Directive Communicated to All Shiv Sena Leaders

MaharashtraBMC Elections 2025: Devendra Fadnavis Says Clarity on Seat-Sharing Will Emerge in Two Days

NationalBJP Candidate Satish Kumar Leading Over Tejashwi Yadav in Raghopur Assembly Constituency