City
Epaper

Fortnite servers back online after major outage

By IANS | Updated: December 30, 2021 11:00 IST

San Francisco, Dec 30 The popular mobile game Fortnite is finally back online after a major outage that ...

Open in App

San Francisco, Dec 30 The popular mobile game Fortnite is finally back online after a major outage that lasted more than six hours.

The firm has confirmed that the game is back up, promising that next week (or, next year) there will be details on "what we are doing to help you make up for lost time".

Fortnite was down for several hours on Wednesday, with the lengthy outage coming after two weeks of server issues.

"Fortnite game servers are back online and the Winterfest continues! Snowflake. We appreciate everyone's understanding as we worked to resolve these issues and we'll have more details next week on what we're doing to help you make up for lost time," the company said in a tweet.

According to Epic's Fortnite Status Twitter account, the online battle royale game, which recently began its Chapter 3 with significant changes to the environment, started posing problems for players logging in and seeking a match.

When the servers initially went down, the Epic Games launcher wouldn't even start Fortnite, showing the servers were offline.

In addition, at the same time, the Epic Games Store was also having problems, where some players said they couldn't log in or even access their games for offline play.

To recall, Fortnite developers recently declared that they are shutting down the game's servers in China.

Earlier in November, the company's official website in China said it is ending the 'test' version of the game in the region this month.

Fortress Night was launched in 2018 through a partnership with publisher Tencent.

No exact reason has been given why Fortnite China is suddenly being shut down. Only a few months ago, the Chinese government introduced new laws that prevent under 18 years from playing more than three hours per weekend.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: San FranciscochinaEpicFortnite status twitter
Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalEarthquake In China: Several Missing As Multiple Buildings Collapse After 5.2-Magnitude Quake Hits Liuzhou

InternationalChina Factory Blast: At Least 21 Killed, Over 60 Injured in Explosion at Fireworks Plant in Guandu Township

InternationalChina Miracle: Man Survives After Heart Stops Beating for 40 Hours Using This Technology

International'Illegal Military Operations': China Accuses US and Israel of Strait of Hormuz Crisis

NationalDelhi Government Orders Removal of 2.5 Lakh Chinese CCTV Cameras Over Security Concerns

Technology Realted Stories

TechnologyGlobal AI spending expected to surge 47 pc to $2.59 trillion in 2026

TechnologyIndia can emerge as global leader in advanced 5G capabilities: Industry

TechnologyUS dropping charges will push Adani's global expansion plans: Top law expert

TechnologyRajasthan eyes global semiconductor leadership as state launches first chip manufacturing cluster in Bhiwadi

TechnologyPromoting 'grassroots innovators' can strengthen rural economy, reduce regional imbalance: Dr. Jitendra Singh