City
Epaper

Realme to empower Covid-hit Indian masses with more budget phones

By IANS | Updated: July 28, 2020 11:30 IST

New Delhi, July 28 The Covid-hit masses aim to spend less and be more price-conscious in India and ...

Open in App

New Delhi, July 28 The Covid-hit masses aim to spend less and be more price-conscious in India and Realmes product strategy is deeply optimised for providing entry-level as well as affordable smartphones to them in days to come, Madhav Sheth, Vice President, Realme and CEO, Realme India said on Tuesday.

The purchase capacity will be more towards budget and mid-range smartphones.

"That is why we launched realme Narzo series and realme 6i, targeting this segment and redefined our C series. There will be more C series phones launching soon with a different price point from C11," Sheth told .

The brand launched budget phone Realme C11 with 5000mAh battery and MediaTek Helio G35 processor for Rs 7,499 this month.

"We will focus on providing affordable options at different price segments, without compromising on quality and ownership experience," Sheth added.

Realme has reached 40 million users globally and 25 million users in India.

It offers four main series: C series under Rs 10,000 segment; 'Number' series in Rs 10,000-Rs 20,000 price range; X series which goes above Rs 20,000 and the new Narzo series for the youth.

"Overall, C and Number series contribute 86 per cent of our sales. The newly launched C11 sold 150,000 units within 2 minutes. C series has made its mark and we are close to a big milestone and plan to announce that figure once it is reached," informed Sheth.

The company last week introduced its newest 6 series member Realme 6i at a starting price of Rs 12,999 for 4GB+64GB variant in India.

In 2019, realme 5i popularised quad-camera at an affordable price.

"Similarly, realme 6i is bringing a 90hz display and G90 gaming processor to performance seekers and multi-taskers. It would again stand out as one of the most popular smartphone models under Rs 15,000 in India," said Sheth.

Although the supply chains were disrupted due to the pandemic, Realme managed to revamp 80 per cent of its production capabilities and is trying to meet the demands of the customers in the market.

"We will launch new smartphones for the upcoming Diwali season and are confident they will be one of the best Diwali gifts for our fans," said the Realme India executive.

Realme also has some big news to announce at the 'IFA20' annual conference in Germany in September.

"Realme has been doing exceptionally well in the European market. We have some major announcements lined up for the IFA in September," Sheth told .

( With inputs from IANS )

Tags: Realme indiaMediatek helio g35indiaNew DelhiThe new delhi municipal councilDelhi south-westIndiUk-india
Open in App

Related Stories

TechnologyHow To Effortlessly Transfer Data from Android to iPhone Using Apple’s Move to iOS App

NationalDonald Trump Imposes Additional 25% Tariff on India, Total Tariff Now 50%

NationalDelhi: 8 Accused in Vehicle Theft Cases Arrested During Police Patrolling, Stolen Scooters and Bikes Recovered

TechnologyWill the Government Have to Offer More Incentives on EVs? NITI Aayog Raises Concerns Over Slow Sales Growth

OpinionsWhy is Trump So Upset with India?

Technology Realted Stories

Technology'Moment of pride for Gujarat': CM Bhupendra Patel on inauguration of end-to-end OSAT facility in Sanand

TechnologyCCI, Ministry of Electronics & IT take stock of challenges in data protection

TechnologyDream Sports-owned FanCode to shut sports merchandise business by October

Technology'Digital transformation may boost Indian mining and metals competitiveness by 15 per cent'

TechnologyUkrainian naval ship sunk in drone attack, says Russian Defence Ministry