City
Epaper

Patrick McEnroe feeling fine after testing positive for COVID-19

By ANI | Updated: April 1, 2020 10:36 IST

Retired USA's tennis player Patrick McEnroe is feeling fine after testing positive for COVID-19, the player confirmed.

Open in App

New Delhi [India], Apr 1 : Retired USA's tennis player Patrick McEnroe is feeling fine after testing positive for COVID-19, the player confirmed.

Patrick confirmed that he was in isolation for ten-to-eleven days as he had some minor symptoms.

The former USA's tennis player released a video on Twitter to give an update on his health.

"Hey everybody I am still down here in my basement, I have been here for 11 days as I started having minor symptoms back then. My test just came in and it has tested positive for coronavirus. It did come back positive, however, the good news is, I feel fine, the symptoms have passed. I feel 100 per cent," McEnroe said in the video.

"I am an example of someone that has been able to fight through it and I am doing absolutely fine," he added.

Patrick had a glowing career for the USA and he called time on his career in 1998.

He also went on to become the captain of the USA's Davis Cup side and also managed to reach a career-best ranking of 28.

There are 754,948 people worldwide who have been infected with the coronavirus, announced the World Health Orgsation adding that 36,571 have died from it so far.

The virus has spread to more than 200 countries and territories since it emerged in China in late December, according to the latest figures published on the WHO website.

Europe is the world's worst-hit area, with more than half of all cases.

The WHO had declared coronavirus as a 'pandemic' on March 11.

( With inputs from ANI )

Tags: World health orgsationPatrick mcenroeindiausaNew Delhi
Open in App

Related Stories

MaharashtraMumbai Fraud Case: Malabar Hill Businessman Loses Rs 2.55 Crore in Fake US Medical Deal

InternationalIndian Student in Canada Shares Gruelling Work-Study Routine, Internet Reacts

InternationalDonald Trump Hellhole Remarks: Iran’s Mumbai Consulate Takes Dig at the US President With Cultural Jab

International“No Trust in Opposing Side”: Iranian Parliament Speaker Ghalibaf Says US Failed To Win Over Delegates in Islamabad Talks

InternationalNo Nuclear Arms for Iran ‘Non-Negotiable’ Condition: US

टेनिस Realted Stories

TennisCarlos Alcaraz withdraws from Wimbledon, Queen's Club due to wrist injury

Tennis"Happy to be part...": Rohan Bopanna lauds growth of Tennis Premier League

TennisKarman Kaur Thandi secures spot in French Open singles qualifying draw

TennisJannik Sinner clinches Italian Open title, completes Golden Masters feat

TennisSvitolina overcomes Gauff to secure third Italian Open title