City
Epaper

Reliance withdraws 'Operation Sindoor' trade mark application

By ANI | Updated: May 8, 2025 15:52 IST

New Delhi [India] May 8 : Reliance Industries on Thursday said that the conglomerate has no intention of trademarking ...

Open in App

New Delhi [India] May 8 : Reliance Industries on Thursday said that the conglomerate has no intention of trademarking 'Operation Sindoor', a phrase which is now a part of the national consciousness as an evocative symbol of Indian bravery.

Reliance Industry's official statement stated that Jio Studios has withdrawn its trademark application.

"Jio Studios, a unit of Reliance Industries, has withdrawn its trademark application, which was filed inadvertently by a junior person without authorisation," Reliance Industries added in the statement.

The statement further adds "Reliance Industries and all its stakeholders are incredibly proud of Operation Sindoor, which came about in response to a Pakistan-sponsored terrorist attack in Pahalgam. Operation Sindoor is the proud achievement of our brave Armed Forces in India's uncompromising fight against the evil of terrorism. Reliance stands fully in support of our Government and Armed Forces in this fight against terrorism. Our commitment to the motto of 'INDIA FIRST' remains unwavering."

Earlier on May 7 following India's precision attack on terrorist sites in Pakistan named 'Operation Sindoor', several entities, had filed trademark applications. The trade mark filings happened within hours of the military operations by the Indian Army on nine terrorist sites in Pakistan and Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir.

The phrase "Operation Sindoor" quickly gained international traction, with "Sindoor" symbolising sacrifice, valour, and deeply rooted cultural sentiment.

The intellectual property of India application website of the commerce and Industry ministry shows four applications were filed between 10:42 am and 6:27 pm on May 7, 2025, for trademark applications under Class 41 of the Nice Classification, which covers education, entertainment, media, and cultural services.

Indian military operations names are not automatically protected as intellectual property by the government, neither the ministry of defence often registers or commercialize these names and they are not secured under any special statutory IP framework. So unless government or ministry of defence intervenes such names remain open for trade mark claims by entities or even by private individuals.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

NationalBJP MLA Deepti Kiran Maheshwari injured in Rajasthan road accident, stable

CricketNitish Rana, Digvesh Rathi Engage in Heated Altercation During West Delhi Lions vs South Delhi Superstarz DPL T20 2025 Eliminator (VIDEO)

InternationalReciprocal tariffs struck down by US appeals court; Trump says will approach Supreme Court

EntertainmentChitrangda Singh: Birthdays are always a reminder to pause, be grateful

NationalAtmanirbharta in defence a 'condition for survival and progress': Rajnath Singh

Business Realted Stories

BusinessZydus Therapeutics Reports Positive Topline Results from EPICS-III Phase 2(b)/3 Trial of Saroglitazar Magnesium in Patients with Primary Biliary Cholangitis

BusinessCricket Takes over Park Avenue After India Day Parade with Cricmax Connect's Grassroots Initiative

BusinessDiscover the Beauty of Sustainable Clothing and Crafts: IHMC Natural Dye Handmade Festival in Chennai 29, 30 & 31st Aug and Bangalore 19, 20, 21st Sep

BusinessIndia Habitat Centre Signs MOU with NSE to Promote Financial Literacy and Investor Awareness

BusinessAmanta Healthcare Limited Raised INR 37.80 Crore Via Anchor Investors Prior To IPO Launch