City
Epaper

Keanu Reeves to host Formula One docuseries

By IANS | Updated: July 15, 2022 11:05 IST

Los Angeles, July 15 Hollywood star Keanu Reeves is working on a docuseries about Formula One for the ...

Open in App

Los Angeles, July 15 Hollywood star Keanu Reeves is working on a docuseries about Formula One for the streaming portal Disney+.

The yet-to-be-titled four-part docuseries will reportedly focus on Formula 1 managing director Ross Brawn, who in 2009 bought the Honda team, renamed it Brawn GP and took it to two unprecedented championship victories, reports ‘Variety'.

Reeves will host the series and has already been conducting interviews.

Among those believed to be on board are former Ferrari chairman Luca di Montezemolo, whom Reeves was pictured with last month, and drivers Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello. Brawn himself is also set to take part.

Last week, Reeves was pictured at the British Grand Prix in Silverstone, UK, where he spoke to a local racing journalist about the documentary series.

"We want to tell that amazing remarkable story (of Brawn). There is so much to talk about," he said.

"A friend of mine was telling me the story and I was so struck by it. He was actually working for Brawn back in the day in publicity and he's a producer/director and so we were like, well let's tell that story, let's try and tell that story," the ‘Matrix' star said.

"It's been really great to be able to learn more about what was going on in Formula One that year. It wasn't just the cars, new regulations, FOTA (the Formula One Teams Association), breakaway series. I mean there was just so much happening in Formula One at that time. The world of Formula One was just extraordinary.

"I mean, it's always extraordinary, but in that year with Brawn GP I think something really special happened," he said.

Formula One is a hot topic right now with multiple projects connected to the racing competition in the works. Brad Pitt, John Krasinski and Jerry Bruckheimer have teamed up for a Formula One movie, which has been snapped up by Apple Studios, while a series about ex-Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone is also in the works.

Italian studio Fandango is also working on a Formula One-themed series, about the competition's first female driver.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: hondaFerrariLos AngelesHollywoodKeanu ReevesL.a.Ross brawnLos angeles dream centerAngelesCity of angels
Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalCalifornia Plane Crash: Small Jet Crashes In Pacoima After Hitting Power Lines; Video Emerges

InternationalMagic Castle Fire: Blaze Erupts at Historic Structure in Hollywood

InternationalFlorida Shooting: US Rapper Offset Injured at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood; Two Detained

InternationalCalifornia: Man Sexually Assaults Woman Inside Los Angeles Whole Foods Market, CCTV Footage Surfaces

InternationalLos Angeles Mass Stabbing: At Least 6 Injured in Knife Attack in Downtown LA

Entertainment Realted Stories

EntertainmentPati Patni Aur Woh Do Box Office Collection Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana’s Film Crosses Rs 20 Crore Net in India; Check Day-Wise Earnings Report

EntertainmentRishab Shetty Calls Peddi Trailer “Spectacular”, Praises Ram Charan, Saying, “Looking Stunning, Absolute Fire in Every Frame”

EntertainmentShahid Kapoor-Kriti Sanon shell out perfect romantic vibes in 'Mashooqa' track from 'Cocktail 2'

EntertainmentKaruppu Box Office Collection Day 4: Suriya-Trisha Krishnan’s Film Nears Rs 150 Crore Mark Worldwide ; Check Day-Wise Earnings Report

EntertainmentSohum Shah and Tumbbad 2 Team Celebrate Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s Birthday With Special Wishes: “Working with You Is a Special Journey