City
Epaper

Ranbir Kapoor tests positive for COVID-19, under home quarantine

By ANI | Updated: March 9, 2021 12:50 IST

Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor has tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Ranbir's mother and veteran star Neetu Kapoor confirmed the news on social media.

Open in App

Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor has tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Ranbir's mother and veteran star Neetu Kapoor confirmed the news on social media.

Neetu took to her Instagram handle and shared a picture of Ranbir while revealing the news. She wrote, "Thank you for your concern and your good wishes. Ranbir has tested positive for Covid-19. He is on medication and recovering well."

The veteran actor also stated that Ranbir has been in home quarantine, as per BMC rules. She added in the caption, "He is in self-quarantine at home and following all precautions."

On Monday evening, Ranbir's uncle Randhir Kapoor had reportedly said that while Ranbir is unwell, he was not clear about the nature of his illness.

In December last year, while shooting for 'Jugg Jugg Jeeyo' in Chandigarh, Neetu had tested positive for COVID-19.

She had shared on Instagram, "Earlier this week I tested positive for Covid-19. All safety measures are being followed and I am thankful to the authorities for all their help and quick response. I am in self-quarantine, taking medication on my doctor's advice and feeling better. I am so grateful for all your love and support! Please stay safe, wear a mask, keep a safe distance."

On a related note, several leading Bollywood stars had contracted the deadly disease earlier. Actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora, and others have been infected with the virus.

Meanwhile, on the work front, Ranbir was last seen in 'Sanju', the biopic of veteran actor Sanjay Dutt. Ranbir has two films in the pipeline 'Brahmastra', which also stars Amitabh Bachchan and Alia Bhatt, and 'Shamshera', co-starring Va Kapoor.

He is currently working on 'mal' and an untitled film directed by Luv Ranjan.

( With inputs from ANI )

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: InstagramAmitabh BachchanRanbir KapoorRandhir KapoorTwitter and instagramInstagram and twitterFacebook-owned instagramInstagram for androidInsta
Open in App

Related Stories

TechnologyIs Instagram’s New ‘Instants’ Feature Annoying You? Here’s How to Turn It Off Instantly

MumbaiMumbai Teen Rescued After Alleged Kidnapping and Forced Marriage in Bihar; Accused Arrested

MumbaiAmravati Tragedy: 4 Youths Drown in Ghatkheda Lake During Picnic Spot Found on Instagram

Social Viral‘There Are No 9 To 5 Jobs In Mumbai’: Woman’s Video On Corporate Burnout Goes Viral

TechnologyInstagram, WhatsApp To Stop Working in New Mexico? Here’s What Meta Says

Entertainment Realted Stories

EntertainmentDragon glimpse out: Jr NTR goes on a killing spree in land of villains of Prashanth Neel's directorial

EntertainmentAmaal Mallik accuses ‘mixed syndicate of egoistic humans’ for choking his growth in industry

EntertainmentKaruppu Box Office Collection Day 5: Suriya-Trisha’s Film Nears Rs 100 Crore Nett in India; Check Day-Wise Earnings Report

EntertainmentSalman Khan loses cool at media during hospital visit

EntertainmentColman Domingo reveals his siblings' reactions to his coming out