City
Epaper

Israel strikes Hezbollah's multiple weapon storage sites in Southern Lebanon

By ANI | Updated: January 12, 2026 00:50 IST

Jerusalem [Israel], January 12 : The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) on Sunday (local time) said it carried out strikes ...

Open in App

Jerusalem [Israel], January 12 : The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) on Sunday (local time) said it carried out strikes on multiple Hezbollah-linked military sites in southern Lebanon, targeting shafts allegedly used for storing weapons, amid rising tensions along the border.

In a post on X, the IDF stated that the strikes hit locations where Hezbollah activity had been identified in recent months.

"STRUCK: Shafts used for storing weapons in several military sites belonging to Hezbollah in southern Lebanon, where in recent months, Hezbollah activity has been identified at these sites. Hezbollah's terror activity at these sites constitutes a violation of the understandings between Israel and Lebanon," the Israeli military said in its post.

https://x.com/IDF/status/2010375307203645504

According to The Times of Israel, since the November 2024 ceasefire between Israel and Lebanon, the IDF has killed around 400 operatives and struck hundreds of additional Hezbollah-linked targets. The IDF has repeatedly asserted that the activity at the targeted sites constitutes a violation of the understandings between Israel and Lebanon.

The Lebanese government claimed last week to have disarmed Hezbollah south of the country's Litani River, but Israel has cast doubt on such an assertion, the Times of Israel reported.

Earlier on December 15, the Israel Defense Forces confirmed the killing of a senior Hezbollah terrorist, Zakaria Yahya al-Hajj, in an airstrike carried out in the Jwaya area of southern Lebanon, hours after it confirmed the killing of two Hezbollah terrorists in the region.

In a post on X, the IDF stated that al-Hajj played a key role in activating agents within Lebanon's security systems and suppressing criticism of Hezbollah by its opponents.

It further stated that activities by these terrorists pose a threat to the country.

"ELIMINATED: Zakaria Yahya al-Hajj, a senior Hezbollah terrorist, was struck in the Jwaya area in southern Lebanon. As part of his role, he activated agents within Lebanon's security systems, and suppressed criticism by opponents of Hezbollah in Lebanon. The terrorist's activities constituted a threat to Israel and a violation of the understandings between Israel and Lebanon," the IDF said.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

Other SportsIFL 2025-26: Late rally helps Chanmari FC rescue a point against Rajasthan United

NationalBengal: Falta candidate’s withdrawal dents Trinamool’s ‘Diamond Harbour model’

CricketIPL 2026: Vaibhav Sooryavanshi Achieves Major Milestone During RR vs LSG Clash

NationalRajasthan receives WHO recognition for tobacco control programme

InternationalPM Modi departs from Oslo for Rome on last leg of 5-nation tour

International Realted Stories

International"Looks forward to welcoming Secretary of State Marco Rubio for his 1st visit to India": US Embassy

International3rd India-Nordic Summit: 8 key outcomes to deepen green tech, strategic ties

InternationalKyrgyzstan seeks UNSC reform, calls for equity, peace, stronger global representation

International"Need more sambandh today": Iceland PM praises PM Modi's linguistic insight at India-Nordic Summit

International"Popular or not, I have to do it": Trump on continuing Iran conflict