City
Epaper

Congress doesn't respect Kharge, then what is the value of Jitu Patwari: Vishwas Sarang

By IANS | Updated: November 29, 2025 13:25 IST

Bhopal, Nov 29 Madhya Pradesh Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Vishwas Sarang on Saturday took a jibe at ...

Open in App

Bhopal, Nov 29 Madhya Pradesh Sports and Youth Welfare Minister Vishwas Sarang on Saturday took a jibe at the Congress after an “internal tussle” in the state unit prompted the Central leadership to cancel several organisational appointments.

Following objections within the party, AICC state in-charge Harish Chaudhary on Friday annulled all recent appointments of district and city organisation secretaries made by Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) president Jitu Patwari during the Political Affairs Committee (PAC) meeting.

Reacting to the development, Sarang, a senior BJP leader and MLA from Bhopal’s Narela seat, told the media, “Rahul Gandhi’s Congress doesn’t respect even Mallikarjun Kharge (AICC president). Then what value does the state president Jitu Patwari have?”

He further alleged that the Congress has steadily lost ground in Madhya Pradesh and across the country because “there are no democratic values left in the party”. “Rifts among senior leaders have always existed, which is why they have remained in Opposition for 20 years,” he added.

In a strongly worded letter to Patwari, Chaudhary expressed displeasure, stating the appointments were made without his prior approval, despite being the AICC-appointed in-charge. He directed that “no organisational appointments of any kind should be made without my approval”.

Sources said Chaudhary had issued similar instructions earlier, reiterating that final authority over organisational appointments in Madhya Pradesh rests with the AICC in-charge.

Despite the caution, Patwari announced organisation office bearers in key districts, including Indore, Jabalpur, Gwalior, and Ujjain last week. Soon after the list went public, Chaudhary declared the appointments “null and void” and ordered their immediate cancellation.

The decision has sparked tensions within the state unit. Leaders close to Patwari have termed it an “insult” to the elected PCC president, while the rival camps linked to Kamal Nath and Digvijaya Singh have welcomed the move, calling it a much-needed “correction”.

The cancelled list reportedly included names from various districts, but the unilateral manner of the announcement is said to have particularly angered Chaudhary.

Commenting on his decision on Friday, Chaudhary said, “It’s the party’s internal issue, which can’t be explained. When such decisions are taken, it means there was some issue.” He also expressed displeasure over his letter to Patwari becoming public.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

MumbaiMumbai Local Train Mega Block on November 30, 2025: Services to Be Disrupted on Central and Harbour Lines On Sunday

EntertainmentA fresh twist in the Palash Muchhal–Smriti Mandhana wedding controversy, details inside

BusinessGold sees notable rally amid rising expectations of US Fed rate cut

NationalJamat-e-Islami Hind chief slams Delhi terror blast, warns against 'polarisation that gives victory to terrorists'

NationalAnticipating SIR fallout, Bengal police step up security ahead of Dec 9 draft list

National Realted Stories

NationalIM revival in works: ISI taps Bhatkal brothers, seeks PFI link-up for nationwide network

NationalVice-Prez Radhakrishnan to share nation-building tips with young engineers tomorrow

NationalCentre reaffirms commitment to boost cancer services across states

NationalNaveen Patnaik slams Odisha Supplementary Budget, calls it visionless and misleading

NationalNIA custody of Anmol Bishnoi extended by 7 days