City
Epaper

Delhi: Woman, three minor children found murdered in Samaypur Badli; husband absconding

By IANS | Updated: February 25, 2026 12:50 IST

New Delhi, Feb 25 A horrific quadruple murder has shaken outer Delhi's Samaypur Badli area after a woman ...

Open in App

New Delhi, Feb 25 A horrific quadruple murder has shaken outer Delhi's Samaypur Badli area after a woman and her three minor children were found with their throats slit on Wednesday morning. Police have identified the husband, Munchun Kewat, as the prime suspect. He is currently absconding.

The victims were discovered in their residence in Chandan Park. The deceased woman, identified as Anita, lived with her husband and three daughters aged three, four, and five in a rented room. Kewat, originally from Patna, Bihar, worked as a vegetable vendor at the Azadpur Mandi.

Speaking to IANS, DCP Hareshwar V. Swami said, "We received a PCR call at approximately 8:00 AM from the Chandan Park area. Upon arrival, officers discovered the woman and her three daughters with their throats slit by a sharp-edged weapon. The husband is missing and is our primary suspect. While the exact motive remains unclear, preliminary reports suggest a domestic dispute occurred on Tuesday night."

A senior police officer said a crime team and forensic experts were rushed to the spot. The bodies have been sent for postmortem examination to ascertain the exact cause of death.

Neighbours expressed shock at the brutality of the crime. One resident, who discovered the scene, reported hearing persistent crying around 7:00 AM.

"I initially thought a child had fallen, but the crying didn't stop," the neighbour stated.

"When I went to check, I realised the tragedy that had occurred. They had been living here for about six or seven months. The husband usually left for work at 4:00 AM to sell ginger. The neighbours discovered the macabre scene around 6:00 AM."

Police said multiple teams have been constituted to trace Kewat. The bodies of the four have been shifted to a mortuary for post-mortem examination. A case has been registered under the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita’s Section 103(1) (murder).

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalPM Modi meets Norway's King Harald V, spotlights longstanding friendship between both countries

InternationalAU expresses deep concern over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

HealthAU expresses deep concern over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

BusinessAditya Birla group will infuse Rs 4,730 crore into Vodafone Idea: CEO VI

Aurangabad‘Bhay Pragat Krupala Deendayala’ Chaupai fills Balkand festival with devotion

National Realted Stories

NationalSix killed in multi-vehicle collision in Bihar's Khagaria district

NationalCensus 2027: Gujarat Guv completes online self-enumeration process, appeals for public participation​

National"Lot of challenges ahead": BJD MP Sasmit Patra congratulates VD Satheesan on taking oath as Keralam CM

NationalIndian Railways Unveils Design of India’s 1st Bullet Train for Mumbai-Ahmedabad Corridor

NationalMP: Congress leader shot at in Chhatarpur, critically injured