City
Epaper

10th victim confirmed in Florida condo collapse

By IANS | Updated: June 29, 2021 01:45 IST

Washington, June 29 The tenth victim in the collapse of a condo in Surfside, Florida has been confirmed, ...

Open in App

Washington, June 29 The tenth victim in the collapse of a condo in Surfside, Florida has been confirmed, officials said Monday as rescue mission was ongoing.

Miami-Dade Assistant Fire and Rescue Chief Raide Jadallah said during a news conference earlier in the day that another victim "was processed, removed from the pile, and the operation continued," bringing the death toll in the tragedy to 10, the Xinhua news agency reported.

As of Monday, 151 are unaccounted for and 135 are accounted for in the collapse of Champlain Towers South, Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava said during the news conference.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: Raide jadallahXinhuaDaniella levine cavaLevine cava
Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalMajor UK Railway Stations Hit by Cyber Attack; Network Rail Suspends Wi-Fi Service

InternationalGreece braces for first summer heat wave

PoliticsSudan govt willing to work with all parties to end conflict

InternationalCyprus prepares for emergencies in face of approaching heat wave

PoliticsUkraine receives cluster munitions from US

Politics Realted Stories

Politics"Over 290 of 580 manifesto promises fulfilled; remaining will be met in 2 years": Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah

PoliticsUnion Jal Shakti Minister chairs 14th HPRB meeting of Brahmaputra Board in Guwahati

PoliticsTamil Nadu ABVP submits 16-point memorandum on educational reforms to CM; delegation says Vijay agrees to 8 demands

PoliticsPushpa said "jhukenge nahi" to "I am leaving": Suvendu Adhikari mocks TMC's Jahangir Khan for withdrawing from Falta repoll

Politics"BJP will be removed from power in Delhi in coming days": Mamata Banerjee