City
Epaper

Saudi Arabia approves Haj security plan

By IANS | Updated: June 7, 2022 11:41 IST

Riyadh, June 7 Saudi Arabia has approved the general security plan for the upcoming Haj season.The plan ...

Open in App

Riyadh, June 7 Saudi Arabia has approved the general security plan for the upcoming Haj season.

The plan for public security authorities' tasks and responsibilities was approved by Interior Minister and Chairman of the Supreme Haj Committee Prince Abdulaziz bin Saud bin Naif bin Abdulaziz, a day after he approved the General Emergency Plan for Haj that will be implemented by various organisations to protect the safety of pilgrims, reports Xinhua news agency citing local media.

The plan includes civil defence measures to tackle potential risks in Mecca, Medina and other ritual performing areas.

Director of Public Security Mohammed Abdullah Al-Basami said the plan has taken into consideration all security, organisational, traffic and humanitarian matters.

In April, Saudi Arabia announced its plan to receive 1 million domestic and foreign pilgrims this year.

This will be the first time that foreign pilgrims will be allowed to perform the annual pilgrimage after the previous two seasons, which were restricted to domestic pilgrims, due to the Covid-19 outbreaks.

Last week, the kingdom also issued new rules for airlines transporting the pilgrims.

According to the new rules, pilgrim passengers should be less than 65 years old, have completed immunisation with basic doses of Covid-19 vaccines, and submit a negative PCR tes taken within 72 hours prior to departure.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: Supreme haj committeeXinhuaRiyadhMeccaMec
Open in App

Related Stories

National16 People, One Washroom: AAP's Sanjay Singh Shares Video of Hajj Committee's Azizia Facility for Indian Haj Pilgrims

InternationalIranian Missile, Drone Attack on US Base in Saudi Arabia Injures At Least 10 American Troops

InternationalIranian Drone Hits CIA Station at US Embassy in Riyadh Tensions in Meddle East Escalates

InternationalUS Cancels All Consular Services in Riyadh After Iran-Linked Drone Strike on US Embassy in Saudi Arabia

InternationalDrone Attack in Saudi Arabia: Fire Breaks Out at US Embassy in Riyadh After Two Drones Hit Building (Watch Video)

Politics Realted Stories

Politics"Over 290 of 580 manifesto promises fulfilled; remaining will be met in 2 years": Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah

PoliticsUnion Jal Shakti Minister chairs 14th HPRB meeting of Brahmaputra Board in Guwahati

PoliticsTamil Nadu ABVP submits 16-point memorandum on educational reforms to CM; delegation says Vijay agrees to 8 demands

PoliticsPushpa said "jhukenge nahi" to "I am leaving": Suvendu Adhikari mocks TMC's Jahangir Khan for withdrawing from Falta repoll

Politics"BJP will be removed from power in Delhi in coming days": Mamata Banerjee