City
Epaper

Iranian ballistic missile hits children's center in Israel

By ANI | Updated: June 20, 2025 22:03 IST

Tel Aviv [Israel], June 20 : The Israel Defense Forces on Friday stated that Iranian ballistic missile hit a ...

Open in App

Tel Aviv [Israel], June 20 : The Israel Defense Forces on Friday stated that Iranian ballistic missile hit a children's center in southern Israel.

The Colel Chabad Daycare Center in Beersheba, was attacked by Iranian missile. No injuries were reported, The Times of Israel reported.

The IDF said in a post on X, "This is footage from the moment an Iranian ballistic missile hit a children's center in southern Israel. When the world asks why we're fighting Iran, this is your answer."

{{{{twitter_post_id####

"Miraculously, no children or staff were physically harmed, as the strike occurred Friday afternoon outside the center's regular operating time. However, the destruction of classrooms and play areas has deeply impacted dozens of local families who rely on the center for stability, safety and childcare," said Colel Chabad.

}}}}

Iran likely targeted Beersheba with a cluster bomb in its latest attack on Israel, footage indicated, as per The Times of Israel reported.

Videos and photos from the southern city show several impacts of small munitions at multiple locations in the city, indicating that a ballistic missile carrying a cluster bomb warhead was used in the attack.

Meanwhile, following a fresh assessment, the IDF Home Front Command says there are no changes to its guidelines amid the conflict with Iran, as per The Times of Israel.

Gatherings in most areas of the country are permitted up to 30 people, provided a shelter can be reached in time. On Israel's borders, gatherings are permitted up to 50 people outdoors and 100 people indoors.

Nationwide, workplaces will also be able to operate under the same conditions, but schools remain closed.

The guidelines remain in effect until Saturday night, when the Home Front Command will conduct another assessment, The Times of Israel reported.

Earlier in the day, IDF Chief of Staff Lieutenant General Eyal Zamir said that Israelis must prepare for a "prolonged campaign" against Iran, in order to "eliminate a threat of this magnitude," as per The Times of Israel.

In a video statement, Zamir says that Iran has been "building for years a clear plan to destroy the State of Israel" and that in recent months, "the plan reached the point of no return, where the capabilities reached operational capability."

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalUS lawmaker urges rolling restrictions on AI chip exports to curb China's military edge

CricketTri-nation series: With Asia Cup in sight, Afghanistan crumble to 39-run defeat against Pakistan

InternationalIndia, Japan set roadmap for the next decade, adopt joint declaration on security cooperation

CricketPakistan Beat Afghanistan by 39 Runs in UAE Tri-Series 2025; Haris Rauf Takes Four Wickets

International‘Opportunity to mitigate US tariffs impact’, say businessmen ahead of PM Modi-Jinping meet

International Realted Stories

InternationalNetanyahu pledges continuation of campaign to return Gaza hostages after two bodies recovered

InternationalIsrael recovers two hostage bodies

InternationalDefence Minister Says Israel 'will not rest or be silent until everyone returns home'

InternationalIsraeli forces capture suspected terrorists in Southern Syria

InternationalUN Security Council to hold emergency meeting after deadly Russian strikes in Kyiv