City
Epaper

Several killed, 9 injured in major fire at cooking oil factory near Jakarta

By IANS | Updated: November 1, 2024 18:10 IST

Jakarta, Nov 1 Several people were killed, and nine others were injured when a major fire broke out ...

Open in App

Jakarta, Nov 1 Several people were killed, and nine others were injured when a major fire broke out at a cooking oil factory near Jakarta, Indonesia's largest city, on Friday, according to Agung Priambodo, head of the Jakarta Search and Rescue Office.

Approximately 20 fire trucks are currently working to contain the blaze at an industrial complex in Bekasi, a town near Jakarta.

"So far, about half of the fire has been brought under control," Priambodo told Xinhua.

"Twelve body bags containing body parts have been retrieved from the scene. Earlier, we were informed that nine people were missing," he said, noting that around 30 personnel are engaged in the search and rescue efforts at the site.

Priambodo added that nine people had been rescued from the scene, most of whom sustained burn injuries.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalMonsoon floods claim 831 lives across Pakistan

EntertainmentLady Gaga to take the stage at VMAs 2025

CricketT20I Tri Series: UAE's spirited show goes in vain as Pakistan registers second win on trot before Asia Cup

Other SportsBWF World Championships: Satwik-Chirag agonisingly fall short of final after heartbreak against China's Chen-Liu

AurangabadJoyce Thomas passes away

International Realted Stories

InternationalUAE expresses solidarity with Poland, conveys condolences over death of jet pilot

InternationalNepal Prime Minister holds bilateral talk with Chinese President, raises issue of Lipulekh

InternationalIndian envoy to Germany holds talks with CDS Chauhan and Nitin Gadkari to strengthen defence, transport ties

InternationalUAE's 9th Hamdan humanitarian ship departs to Gaza under 'Operation Chivalrous Knight 3'

InternationalSeven IDF soldiers wounded in Gaza incident overnight