MP govt "arbitrarily" cancelled Monalisa Bhosle's birth certificate without hearing, says advocate Subhash Chandran

By ANI | Updated: May 19, 2026 19:50 IST2026-05-20T01:15:16+5:302026-05-19T19:50:03+5:30

New Delhi [India], May 19 : Advocate Subhash Chandran, representing Monalisa Bhosle and her husband, Mohd Farman Khan, following ...

MP govt "arbitrarily" cancelled Monalisa Bhosle's birth certificate without hearing, says advocate Subhash Chandran | MP govt "arbitrarily" cancelled Monalisa Bhosle's birth certificate without hearing, says advocate Subhash Chandran

MP govt "arbitrarily" cancelled Monalisa Bhosle's birth certificate without hearing, says advocate Subhash Chandran

New Delhi [India], May 19 : Advocate Subhash Chandran, representing Monalisa Bhosle and her husband, Mohd Farman Khan, following their interfaith marriage case, on Tuesday, accused the Madhya Pradesh government of "arbitrarily" cancelling the birth certificate of Monalisa and said a petition challenging the action has now been filed before the Madhya Pradesh High Court in Indore.

Speaking to ANI, Chandran said, "Currently, Monalisa is at the centre of a viral controversy, with the Government of Madhya Pradesh taking action against her. An FIR has also been registered against her husband. Furthermoreand this is the crux of the matterthe Madhya Pradesh government has arbitrarily cancelled her birth certificate."

He said the same birth certificate had earlier been issued by the state government and was used to obtain official identity documents. "Based on this document, Monalisa secured an Aadhaar card, a PAN card, a Voter ID card, and a Ration cardshe holds all these official identification documents," he added.

Chandran further alleged that the cancellation was carried out without providing Bhosle an opportunity to be heard.

"Acting abruptly upon a complaint filed by her fatherand without granting Monalisa a hearingthe Madhya Pradesh government arbitrarily cancelled her birth certificate. Subsequently, an FIR was registered against her husband," he said.

According to Chandran, the petition challenging the action was filed on Tuesday and could come up before the Vacation Bench of the High Court.

Meanwhile, Bhosle and her husband moved the High Court seeking an independent inquiry and fair investigation into allegations of criminal conspiracy, forgery of government records, submission of forged documents and communal incitement.

The petition, filed through advocates BL Nagar, Subhash Chandran KR and Anirudh KP, stated that the couple developed a relationship during the shooting of the Malayalam film "Nagamma" and later got married of their own free will at Arumanoor Nainar Deva Temple in Poovar, Thiruvananthapuram, on March 11.

The plea stated that Keralam Police had verified Bhosle's documents through official government portals and confirmed that she was an adult entitled to marry a person of her choice.

The petition also alleged that Madhya Pradesh Police officials repeatedly travelled to Keralam in connection with the FIR, causing fear and harassment to the couple.

According to the plea, Bhosle's official records, including her Aadhaar card, PAN card and voter ID card, consistently establish her date of birth as January 1, 2008, making her an adult and rendering the FIR against her husband legally unsustainable.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in app