City
Epaper

Rameshwaram Cafe To Reopen with Enhanced Security a Week After Blast

By Lokmat English Desk | Updated: March 8, 2024 16:27 IST

The Rameshwaram Cafe, which was damaged in a blast a week ago injuring 10 people, will reopen Saturday with ...

Open in App

The Rameshwaram Cafe, which was damaged in a blast a week ago injuring 10 people, will reopen Saturday with enhanced security measures.

Metal detectors have been installed at the eatery, and two security guards will be on duty to monitor customers and their belongings.

"The cafe will reopen at 6:30 a.m. after puja functions," said Raghavendra, the cafe owner as quoted by India Today, the cafe owner. "The reopening will begin with the singing of the national anthem."

Investigation Continues

While the cafe reopens, the investigation into the blast continues. The NIA has leads in Bellary and Tumkur and is questioning people near the cafe.

CCTV footage shows the suspect arriving at the cafe an hour before the blast. The suspect then used public transportation to travel to a religious site before leaving the city for Tumkur, according to media reports. Investigators are optimistic about a breakthrough based on these new leads.

Read Also | Bengaluru: Who Owns Rameshwaram Cafe? Know Their First Reaction After Blast

Previous Statements by Home Minister

Karnataka Home Minister Parameshwara said a day earlier that investigators had "good leads" in the case.

The suspect is believed to have travelled to Tumkur by bus after the explosion. Authorities are verifying his movements from Bengaluru to Ballari.

The NIA, assisted by the Bengaluru police Central Crime Branch, is investigating the March 1 blast caused by an improvised explosive device at the cafe in Bengaluru's eastern information technology corridor.

"We have important leads regarding the suspect's direction of travel and a change of clothes," Parameshwara told reporters. "Some information cannot be disclosed at this time. However, we are confident of apprehending the suspect soon."

New Video Footage

New video footage shows the suspect, wearing a backpack, full-sleeved shirt, cap, mask, and glasses, on a bus. The suspect appears to notice the bus camera and move out of view.

An unverified photo of the suspect, wearing a T-shirt and lacking the mask, cap, and glasses, while seated on the bus, is also circulating.

The NIA has offered a 10 lakh rupees reward for information leading to the arrest of the bomber.

Read Also |  WATCH: New CCTV Footage of Rameshwaram Cafe Blast Suspect Shows Bomber Boarding BMTC Bus

Tags: Rameshwaram Cafe BlastRameshwaram CafeBengaluru
Open in App

Related Stories

NationalBengaluru Power Cut: Multiple Localities Witness Overnight Blackout, Normal Life Disrupted

NationalBengaluru Horror: Woman Killed After Pressure to Marry, Body Found in Lake

NationalBengaluru Accident: Speeding Car Mows Down Man on MG Road, Driver Flees

NationalBengaluru News: Man Held for Allegedly Shooting Video of Woman Bathing

NationalBengaluru Rains Bring Relief After Heatwave; Thunderstorms, Hailstorm Hit Several Areas (VIDEO)

National Realted Stories

NationalUnder HM Amit Shah, Naxal-affected regions now moving towards development: BJP leader

NationalFiling complaint would have strained relations: Family of Gwalior woman chose 'peace' over police

NationalOnion farmers will make you cry tomorrow: Shiv Sen(UBT) in 'Saamana'

NationalKarnataka: Woman dies by suicide over alleged harassment by husband, mother-in-law in Ballari; two arrested

NationalBengal govt sends panel of three IAS officers to ECI for new CEO appointment