City
Epaper

Results for Classes X, XII based upon assessment scheme to be declared by July 15

By ANI | Updated: June 26, 2020 19:40 IST

As CBSE has decided to cancel the examinations for classes X and XII which were scheduled to be held from July 1 to July 15 in the view of coronavirus outbreak, Union Human Resources Development (HRD) Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' on Friday said that results based upon the assessment scheme will be declared by July 15.

Open in App

As CBSE has decided to cancel the examinations for classes X and XII which were scheduled to be held from July 1 to July 15 in the view of coronavirus outbreak, Union Human Resources Development (HRD) Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' on Friday said that results based upon the assessment scheme will be declared by July 15.

"Keeping in view the request received from various State Governments and the prevailing circumstances due to Covid 10, CBSE has decided to cancel the Examinations for classes X and XII which were scheduled to be held from 1st July to 15th 2020," read a release from the Ministry of Human Resource Development.

The ministry informed that the Supreme Court today has agreed on the proposal of CBSE to cancel the examination and on a scheme to assess the final performance of students in their classes X and XII exams.

"Results based upon the aforesaid assessment scheme will be declared by July 15, 2020, so that candidates can apply and seek admission in Higher Education institutes," the HRD Minister said.

He said that assessment from the performance of students in the cancelled examination will be done based on the assessment scheme as suggested by the competent committee of the CBSE for declaration of result for both Class-X and Class-XII.

The HRD Minister expressed his gratitude towards the Supreme Court for accepting the proposal of not holding the CBSE examinations of class XII from July 1 to July 15 and for giving priority to safety concerns of students.

"CBSE will conduct an optional examination for class XII students in the subjects the examination for which were scheduled to be conducted from 1st July to 15th, 2020 as soon as conditions are conducive," he said.

"Candidates whose results will be declared based on the assessment scheme will be allowed to appear in these optional examinations to improve their performances if they wish so," he added.

Pokhriyal said that no further examinations will be conducted for candidates in class X and the result declared by CBSE on the basis of the assessment scheme will be treated as final.

( With inputs from ANI )

Tags: CubitCbseRamesh Pokhriyal
Open in App

Related Stories

CBSE Class 12 Result 2026 Soon: DigiLocker Hints at Imminent Release; Know How To Check

CBSE Class 12th Result 2026: DigiLocker Says Results Coming Soon; Here's How to Check Marks Online

HealthIs Hantavirus the Next COVID? What We Know About the MV Hondius Outbreak So Far

CBSE Class 10 Second Board Exams 2026 From May 15: Date Sheet Out, Check Complete Schedule Here

CBSE Class 10 Result 2026 Out: How to Check Your Scores on the UMANG App and DigiLocker

National Realted Stories

NationalJ-K: Excessive heat in May affects hybrid flowers in Udhampur's Jakhani Park

NationalSuvendu Adhikari PA murder case: CBI arrests fifth accused in UP's Varanasi

National"People have liberty to go to rulers of state": Kerala Secretariat Association president welcomes opening of North Gate

NationalConsensus sweeps Himachal Pradesh Panchayat Polls; over 10,800 candidates elected unopposed

NationalHoney Badger terrorises village in Odisha's Mayurbhanj, injures 5 in repeated attacks