City
Epaper

Neuralink likely to begin first human trial later this year: Elon Musk

By IANS | Updated: June 17, 2023 10:10 IST

San Francisco, June 17 Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has said that his brain-computer interface company Neuralink ...

Open in App

San Francisco, June 17 Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has said that his brain-computer interface company Neuralink is likely to begin the first human trial this year.

Addressing the VivaTech trade fair in Paris late on Friday, Musk said that "it's looking like the first case will be later this year".

Last month, Neuralink received US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval to begin its first-in-human clinical study, which means that actual humans could have a Neuralink device implanted in their heads.

"We are excited to share that we have received the FDA's approval to launch our first-in-human clinical study," Neuralink said.

"This is the result of incredible work by the Neuralink team in close collaboration with the FDA and represents an important first step that will one day allow our technology to help many people," it added.

On receiving the FDA approval, Musk also tweeted congratulating the Neuralink team.

In March, the FDA had rejected Neuralink's bid to implant a chip in a human brain over safety risks.

In December last year, Musk had claimed Neuralink's device is ready for human trials and he was expecting to do so in about six months after experimenting it on pigs and monkeys.

However, Musk's Neuralink would not be the first to implant a brain-computer interface into humans.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: Spacex Falcon HeavySpacexNeuralinkTesla ceo elon muskElon muskElon musks boring companySpacex falconSpacex dragonTesla & spacexElon musk-run spacex
Open in App

Related Stories

TechnologyX Down? Elon Musk-Owned Social Media Platform Faces Outage

TechnologyX Down: Elon Musk-Owned Social Media Platform Faces Outage as Users Unable to Access Feeds, Post Content

TechnologyX Down: Elon Musk-Owned Social Media Platform Faces Global Outage for Users

NationalX Removes 600 Accounts, Blocks 3,500 Posts Following Government Action on Obscene Content

InternationalIndonesia Blocks Elon Musk’s Grok Chatbot Due to Risk of AI-Generated Pornographic Content

Technology Realted Stories

TechnologyX imposes daily limits on unverified accounts; See what's new

TechnologyRBI imposes restrictions on Etawah-based Nagar Sahakari Bank Ltd

TechnologyIndian Railways unveils design of India’s 1st bullet train for Mumbai-Ahmedabad corridor

TechnologyIndia’s nuclear expansion and SHANTI Act creating new space for global industry partnerships: Dr Jitendra Singh

TechnologyNearly 40 pc govt organisations will likely establish TrustOps by 2028 to counter deepfake