City
Epaper

No stay order on Kangana Ranaut's Lock Upp, reality show to start streaming as planned

By Lokmat English Desk | Updated: February 27, 2022 16:22 IST

A Hyderabad court has vacated a stay order and allowed the reality show 'Lock Upp', hosted by Bollywood actress ...

Open in App

A Hyderabad court has vacated a stay order and allowed the reality show 'Lock Upp', hosted by Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut, to stream as planned. The fearless reality show 'Lock Upp', hosted by Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut is making headlines these days because of its concept and recently it was challenged on allegations of plagiarism and City Civil Court of Hyderabad issued a stay order on its streaming date. However, much to the relief for the makers of the show, the court has now vacated the order and allowed the show to stream.

It all started when Hyderabad-based businessman Sanober Baig saw the promo of the show and found resemblance to his story and script of the show called, 'The Jail'. According to him he had already shared the concept with Endemol Shine India's Abhishek Rege.It was written by Shaantanu Ray and Sheershak Anand. Sanober filed a legal complaint of plagiarism and so there was apprehension that the show won't air on scheduled date and time. The show will have 16 contestants competing for basic amenities. Few confirmed names are comedian Munawar Faruqui, model and actress Poonam Pandey, wrestler Babita Phogat, actress Nisha Rawal and television actor Karanvir Bohra.

Tags: Lock UppKangana Ranaut
Open in App

Related Stories

EntertainmentKangana Ranaut Shares First Period Story, Says Mother Threw Away Her Dollhouse, Because...

NationalPriyanka Chaturvedi Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut Over Bodyguard Shoving Senior MP (Watch Video)

EntertainmentKargil Diwas Special: Bollywood Actresses Who Saluted the Nation in Uniform On-Screen

MumbaiMumbai: 26-Year-Old Theft Accused Dies by Suicide in Sahar Police Lockup; Crime Branch Initiates Probe

EntertainmentAhmedabad Plane Crash: Bollywood Stars Devastated as London-Bound Flight with 242 Aboard Goes Down

Entertainment Realted Stories

EntertainmentRiz Ahmed says he was hospitalised during shoot of 'Rogue One'

EntertainmentRapper DIVINE releases new single 'Rain'

EntertainmentEnrique Iglesias to welcome fourth child with partner Anna Kournikova

EntertainmentFirst look from Ryan Gosling's 'Star Wars: Starfighter' begins production, first look out

EntertainmentLady Gaga confirms release date for her 'Wednesday Season 2' song 'The Dead Dance'