City
Epaper

Twitter suspends Koo's user query account

By IANS | Updated: December 17, 2022 18:15 IST

New Delhi, Dec 17 Elon Musk-owned Twitter has suspended the official user queries account of the homegrown microblogging ...

Open in App

New Delhi, Dec 17 Elon Musk-owned Twitter has suspended the official user queries account of the homegrown microblogging platform Koo, @kooeminence, which now shows that the account has been suspended, and its tweets are no longer visible.

Reacting to the ban, the co-founder and CEO of Koo, Aprameya Radhakrishna, tweeted: "One of the Koo handles on Twitter just got banned. For what? Because we compete with Twitter? So? Mastodon also got blocked today. How is this free speech and what world are we living in?"

Additionally, Koo co-founder Mayank Bidawatka took to Twitter to express the loss of the account, emphasizing that the platform is the best alternative to Twitter.

"I've said this before. We run Koo and the journalists should just migrate. Migrate tools are available. Koo is the best alternative to Twitter. This place is what it is because of you and millions of other users like us. Let's not fuel this guy's ego," he tweeted.

This comes after Musk recently suspended the accounts of several prominent journalists who had been covering him, including those from the Washington Post, the New York Times, Mashable, and CNN, without warning.

However, Musk lifted the suspension of some journalists on the micro-blogging site after running a poll on the platform, asking if he should "Unsuspend accounts who doxxed my exact location in real-time".

Koo has over 50 million downloads and is actively leveraged by over 7,500 eminent personalities across fields.

Last month, Koo said it is now available in Brazil with the addition of the Portuguese language, making it available in 11 native languages now.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Tags: TwitterAprameya radhakrishnaMayank bidawatkaNew DelhiBrazilTwitterThe new delhi municipal councilTwitter twitterTwitter sevaDelhi south-westTwitter cmoTwitter inc.
Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalBrazil: At Least One Killed, 3 Injured in Gas Pipeline Explosion in São Paulo

InternationalBrazil School Shooting: Two Killed After 13-Year-Old Student Opens Fire at School in Rio Branco

TechnologyX Down? Elon Musk-Owned Social Media Platform Faces Outage

Social ViralLPG Cylinder Shortage in India Sparks Funny Meme and Desi Jugaad Fest on Social Media

InternationalBrazil Govt Official Kills Children Before Dying by Suicide After Seeing Wife Kissing Another Man; Video of Betrayal Goes Viral

International Realted Stories

InternationalFake notes from the sky: ISI’s latest drone plot alarms Indian agencies

International"The hypocrisy is obvious": Iran criticises Germany over accusation of strikes on UAE

InternationalContradictory and excessive behaviours of US major obstacle: Iran FM Araghchi tells Pakistan Interior Minister

InternationalRajnath Singh meets Vietnamese Prez To Lam, reaffirms commitment to deepen defence ties

InternationalReports by ignorant NGOs: India rebuts Norwegian journalist’s question on press freedom, human rights