City
Epaper

Multi-layered security layout to be in place for R-Day celebrations

By ANI | Updated: January 27, 2020 13:12 IST

The Delhi Police have said that multi-layered security layout will be in place for the Republic Day celebrations on Sunday.

Open in App

The Delhi Police have said that multi-layered security layout will be in place for the Republic Day celebrations on Sunday.

"The police will be placing a multi-layered security lay-out in connection with the Republic Day celebrations. Necessary liaison and rehearsals have been made with other units like the National Security Guard (NSG), Special Protection Group (SPG) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP). All the agencies will be working in close coordination with each other," Delhi Police said in a statement.

The police also said that SWAT teams will be specially activated and strategically stationed. The Facial Recognition System of the Delhi Police will also be set up at vantage points for the identification of suspects.

"Additional 48 compes of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) have been deployed to supplement the internal mobilisation by Delhi Police of around 22,000 police personnel, in uniform and plainclothes," police added.

Earlier on Friday, Delhi Police said that intensive foot patrolling at malls and border picket checking was carried out.

"Ahead of the Republic Day, intensive foot patrolling at malls, strong vigil from morchas in markets and border picket checking were carried out. Private security guards deployed at malls were also briefed to be a part of the security apparatus."

As per instructions of Delhi Police, services of Delhi Metro will be partially curtailed on Sunday as part of the security arrangements.

The metro schedules of Line 2 (HUDA City Centre to Samaypur Badli), and Line 6 (Kashmere Gate to Raja Nahar Singh) have been partially modified on that day.

The entry and exit at Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan metro stations will remain closed from the start of revenue services till 12 noon.

All metro parking lots will remain closed from 6 am on January 25 to 2 pm on January 26.

( With inputs from ANI )

Tags: Delhi PoliceDelhi MetroCentral SecretariatRaja Nahar Singh
Open in App

Related Stories

NationalDelhi on High Alert After Intelligence Inputs Warn of Possible Terror Threat

MumbaiDigital Arrest Scam in Mumbai: Retired Banker Loses Rs 40.90 Lakh to Fraudsters Posing as Delhi Police, NIA Officials

NationalDelhi: Police, MCD Demolish Over 30 Drug Peddling Spots In Baba Haridas Nagar Crackdown

NationalLuxury Obsession and Mounting Debt: Dark Secrets Behind Rahul Meena’s Role in the Delhi IRS Officer’s Daughter Murder Case

NationalDelhi IRS Officer’s Daughter Murder: Police to Conduct Psychological Analysis of Accused

National Realted Stories

NationalPM Modi hails global appeal of Indian classical dance after five Italian women perform

NationalHyderabad Crime: 25-Year-Old Spa Worker Brutally Murdered by Husband

NationalAdani Green Energy to develop 2,250 MW pumped storage project in Andhra Pradesh

NationalJ-K: Heatwave wilts Jakhani Park's blooms; Floriculture Dept fights to save tourist hotspot

NationalPWD Goa refutes false Rs 1,000 crore scam claims in contractor enlistment process