City
Epaper

Farhan Akhtar to release his new single ‘Reach For The Stars’ on August 29

By IANS | Updated: August 21, 2024 17:15 IST

Mumbai, Aug 21 Filmmaker-actor-singer Farhan Akhtar is all set to release his upcoming single christened “Reach For The ...

Open in App

Mumbai, Aug 21 Filmmaker-actor-singer Farhan Akhtar is all set to release his upcoming single christened “Reach For The Stars” later this month.

Farhan took to Instagram, where he shared a glimpse of the cover, where he is seen singing into the mic with Reach For The Stars written on the background.

He wrote: “Hey, Excited to share I’ve got a new single titled ‘Reach For The Stars’ releasing on the 29th of August. Links to pre-save the drop can be found in bio. Happy listening and happy sharing.”

Recently, Farhan celebrated 23 years of his cult film 'Dil Chahta Hai', which also marked his debut.

On Saturday, the actor-director took to his Instagram and shared a video celebrating the 23rd anniversary of his coming-of-age film.

He wrote in the caption: "Here's to lifelong friendships. To the cast, crew and audience, your love has kept #DilChahtaHai alive for 23 years. #23YearsOfDilChahtaHai."

It tells the story of three friends and how their dynamics change as life happens. The film changed the way stories are told in Hindi cinema and had a very urban approach in terms of the narrative, character, music, costume and styling.

Earlier this month, Farhan shared that men today are also victims of patriarchy as they are taught since childhood to "not be weak".

Farhan was speaking on the podcast “Figuring Out With Raj Shamani.”

In the podcast, he said: “We are taught that men don’t cry, don’t complain, and just get on with it... Because you have been taught since the time you were a kid that you have to be in control. You are not allowed to be weak. Men today are also victims of that patriarchy…”

The host then asked how men struggle to share and ask for help, to which Farhan replied: “Women are easier at doing it. Men in general are closeted.”

On the film front, Farhan is gearing up for “Don 3”, which stars Ranveer Singh in the titular role after he took the baton from Bollywood icon Shah Rukh Khan.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

Other SportsWith 99 medals and 50 gold, India completes its most successful campaign at Asian Shooting Championships

NationalHigh Court decision being examined by Law Dept: Rajasthan minister on SI recruitment case

NationalFirst in NE: Tripura govt begins distributing PVC ration cards to PDS beneficiaries

TechnologyCentre to launch beta version of India's first AI-powered 'Adi Vaani' translator for tribal languages

Other SportsPremier League: Chelsea beat Fulham amid refereeing controversies

Entertainment Realted Stories

EntertainmentWaves Film Bazaar announces $20,000 cash grants for Co-Production Market at 19th Edition in Goa

EntertainmentViola Davis says she feels "younger than I've ever felt" at 60

EntertainmentMy bad luck didn't start writing songs when Mohammad Rafi was alive: Javed Akhtar; Jeetendra praises old melodies

EntertainmentGuillermo del Toro says 'Frankenstein' "not intended as a metaphor" for AI

EntertainmentNMACC India Weekend postponed ahead of September opening due to "unforeseen circumstances"